Is romance wasted on Northern girls?

How did you afford the trip when you were 17? I earned £5 a week when I was 17 and couldn't afford to go to Bridlington. Are you sure you're not Walter Mitty:huh:

At 17 I was working 37 hours a week in one job and a further 20 in another, i had a rather....big spending appetite back then

Is Romance wasted on Northern Girls :?::?::?:

Does your romantic approach work well on Southern girls?

It all sounds too good to be true, perhaps in future it would be better to get to know the girls before you mentioned your approach.

Some guys think that women enjoy being invited to a guy's place, where 'the scene is set' with dim lights, or candles (would really be scared there) and a little table for two - it would seem to much like a seduction - we can be a suspicious lot can't we?

I do like a man to be romantic, if it is natural to him - not a tactic. Don't change yourself rather try and find someone who is more appreciative, there are romantic girls out there too.;)

The trouble with English guys is they try to be too polite and they end up sounding like wimps.

You gotta be direct, give em a choice when you first meet em.

You say something like (after a good opening conversation first which entails talking all about them and asking a lot of questions)

"Hell i'm horny. My place or yours?"

She'll either go for it or if she acts the prim and proper bit in this case you act all humble and contrite and suggest a meal and few drinks, no strings attached.

The prim and proper type are very seldom as shocked as they appear to be. They all want it as much as you do anyway.

This approach always worked for me but I had to pick up the know how from the Canadian and American guys first

When I was sailing out of the USA and Australia, back in the 70's, it was the exact opposite.

We were the perfect P&O Officers, standing when they joined us, pulling out chairs for them, all the bull.

Our uniforms helped of course but that was only a small part of it.

They had never been treat like ladies in their lives, and we gave it them in overdrive.

We could not fail, ever.

The Yankee and Aussie blokes hated us, but we were the men.

Treat a woman like a Lady, and she will come back at you as a Woman.;)

Archived