Is romance wasted on Northern girls?

The trouble with English guys is they try to be too polite and they end up sounding like wimps.

You gotta be direct, give em a choice when you first meet em.

You say something like (after a good opening conversation first which entails talking all about them and asking a lot of questions)

"Hell i'm horny. My place or yours?"

She'll either go for it or if she acts the prim and proper bit in this case you act all humble and contrite and suggest a meal and few drinks, no strings attached.

The prim and proper type are very seldom as shocked as they appear to be. They all want it as much as you do anyway

That sounds as if they are both out for sex - also there is much more chance of a guy enjoying sex than the woman - intercourse that is.

I would have thought that if an American woman was asked 'your place or mine' she would be outspoken enough to put him in his place. It's not a case of being prim and proper, it seems to suggest that a relationship is not wanted - just sex - rather insulting, using women as sex objects.

The 'acting all humble and contrite' says it all - it's just an act and easily seen through.

So what woman would make you alter your approach enough to want a stable relationship?

That sounds as if they are both out for sex - also there is much more chance of a guy enjoying sex than the woman - intercourse that is.

I would have thought that if an American woman was asked 'your place or mine' she would be outspoken enough to put him in his place. It's not a case of being prim and proper, it seems to suggest that a relationship is not wanted - just sex - rather insulting, using women as sex objects.

The 'acting all humble and contrite' says it all - it's just an act and easily seen through.

So what woman would make you alter your approach enough to want a stable relationship?

fair question

Treat a woman like a Lady, and she will come back at you as a Woman.;)

That sounds rather dated but I get your point, the trouble today is too many women are ladetts,

Drinking pints, smoking, swearing. :gag:

Ladette - A young woman who behaves in a manner similar to a young man, namely being boisterous and loud and drinking to excess

That sounds rather dated but I get your point, the trouble today is too many women are ladetts,

Ladette - A young woman who behaves in a manner similar to a young man, namely being boisterous and loud and drinking to excess

oh so very true, i must just give up :?

The two most romantic things that have ever happened to me;

When i was 17 I went on a double date with a guy who had been pestering me for a date for ages. I didn't really fancy him but he was funny. So i agreed as long as he brought a friend and i'd bring one too. We met his friend in the pub and :love: his friend was gorgeous! My female friend also thought so who I had brought to be his blind date. He obviously wasn't taken with her and kept looking at me. Boy 1 dropped me off at my house later and my friend and i went off to bed. About half an hour later i heard stones at my window. It was the Friend! He asked me to meet him the day after. I thought that was really sweet! We dated for six months and he was a lovely guy but a lot more mature than i was at the time and we wanted different things.

Then when i was at college and I was feeling really down, my bf rang me up and asked me how i was... I lived in Leeds and he lived in Sheff. I said oh i wish you were here... and he said really? I said oh yes so much. He said now? I said yes! The phone went dead and a few mins later he knocked on the door. He'd been at the phonebox at the bottom of the road! He swore to god if i'd said no, i just want to be on my own he'd have gone home again without telling me he was there. I thought that was really lovely.

It really is the little simple things that make a girl's heart go wibbly not the big gestures.

Are you serious?

Archived