Is romance wasted on Northern girls?

O.k so let me set the scene for you,

Earlier today I was at the peace gardens quite happily tuned into my MP3 player, listening to the honkytonk sounds of Toby Keith and reading Star Wars Death Troopers. Then I feel someone tap my shoulder, i look up to see a young lady who I must admit was rather attractive, she was curious about the book, anyway we got talking and a short while later she called her friends over, then then the conversation moved on to "so how does a southern guy treat a lady ? what's their idea of dates ?"

So I explained to them that generaly a southern guy acts the perfect English country gent and as far as others I cant really comment on what their dating style is like, I can only comment on mine. Then came the fated question "so what's your idea of a first date ?"

Now this is where things started to go a little weird..........

I explained to her my idea of a first date, an evening of very soft music, mabey a solo piano or guitar, some very well dispersed candlelight, a very good meal and perhaps a little dancing. Well at this she looked at me as though I had 25 heads 8 arms and green goo dripping from each of my 25 noses. She stood up and said "just damn typical of a guy" then stormed off. Well I was left not only speechless but left with her friends as well.

There is where it starts to make some sort of sense....I think..........

Here friend's told me not to mind her and that she always was a little weird, and then one of the proceeded to ask me what the most lavish date was I ever took a lady on, so I told her about this one date when I was 17 where I took this girl out for dinner at a great little Italian restaurant that I knew of........in Rome, we flew out in the morning, spent the afternoon looking at the sights and the evening we had an amazing candlelit dinner in a little place where you can look out to the L'Isola Tiberina. We then spent the night in a hotel (seperate rooms before anyone gets any ideas, and yes I explained that to :P) then in the morning we had breakfast out near the colosseum and then flew back home. Well this one started to laugh histericly and so did the remaining 3 young ladies. I was then promptly told "Look southern boy! it wont work here, if you want to know the secret just get a big bag of popcorn a trashy romance dvd and a packet of three and girls up here will throw em selves at you and as often as you want"

That's when I sighed, smiled, nodded and walked away, then walked straight back home to good old Gleadless valley to ask you, the good people of the Sheffield Forums...................

Is Romance wasted on Northern Girls :?::?::?:

Have to say sparts, would scare the hell out of me first date. Something simple, cinema a meal etc. Best first date I ever had was a drink, we spent the night playing a questions game eg, maltesers or M&M's and so on, it's amazing what you get to know about someone, in a nice warm pub, slighty tipsy after 6 hours. If you click you click and no matter what you do or don't it's still good. Don't get me wrong if the candles didn't come later, I wouldn't be impressed :hihi:

O.k so let me set the scene for you,

Earlier today I was at the peace gardens quite happily tuned into my MP3 player, listening to the honkytonk sounds of Toby Keith and reading Star Wars Death Troopers. Then I feel someone tap my shoulder, i look up to see a young lady who I must admit was rather attractive, she was curious about the book, anyway we got talking and a short while later she called her friends over, then then the conversation moved on to "so how does a southern guy treat a lady ? what's their idea of dates ?"

So I explained to them that generaly a southern guy acts the perfect English country gent and as far as others I cant really comment on what their dating style is like, I can only comment on mine. Then came the fated question "so what's your idea of a first date ?"

Now this is where things started to go a little weird..........

I explained to her my idea of a first date, an evening of very soft music, mabey a solo piano or guitar, some very well dispersed candlelight, a very good meal and perhaps a little dancing. Well at this she looked at me as though I had 25 heads 8 arms and green goo dripping from each of my 25 noses. She stood up and said "just damn typical of a guy" then stormed off. Well I was left not only speechless but left with her friends as well.

There is where it starts to make some sort of sense....I think..........

Here friend's told me not to mind her and that she always was a little weird, and then one of the proceeded to ask me what the most lavish date was I ever took a lady on, so I told her about this one date when I was 17 where I took this girl out for dinner at a great little Italian restaurant that I knew of........in Rome, we flew out in the morning, spent the afternoon looking at the sights and the evening we had an amazing candlelit dinner in a little place where you can look out to the L'Isola Tiberina. We then spent the night in a hotel (seperate rooms before anyone gets any ideas, and yes I explained that to :P) then in the morning we had breakfast out near the colosseum and then flew back home. Well this one started to laugh histericly and so did the remaining 3 young ladies. I was then promptly told "Look southern boy! it wont work here, if you want to know the secret just get a big bag of popcorn a trashy romance dvd and a packet of three and girls up here will throw em selves at you and as often as you want"

That's when I sighed, smiled, nodded and walked away, then walked straight back home to good old Gleadless valley to ask you, the good people of the Sheffield Forums...................

Is Romance wasted on Northern Girls :?::?::?:

Hey Sparts, Just thought you maybe well in tonight with and advert like that lol. :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

i can't believe you could ask such a Question spartan my oh my shaking my head and tutting as i type

-i also agree that romance can be scary, as it is usually ingenuine and the guys out for something and you cant help but question what, because there always seems some alterior motive. The whole polite and 'propper' notion of romance also makes it more difficult to know exactly where you stand with a person, which can obviously create numerous problems, mostly that of miscommunication.

Archived