Anyone remember the olivers from attercliffe

pepe1

How interesting. Our shop belonging to my grandfather George aka Edwin Oliver (as I mentioned earlier) was 10-12 Staniforth Road. They were all related in some way weren't they. I have heard mention of Alf before as he worked in my Grandfather's shop.

---------- Post added 16-01-2013 at 22:25 ----------

Ps the shop on Staniforth Rd was not run by" Ernest", it was Edwin (aka GEo) my grandfather who worked along side his brother Bernard.Taking it back to the 1920's to early 30's Harold (aka Harry) my great grandfather. :)

• 9 months later...
as a lad I used to live on the cliff used to go to olivers buchers across from banners, on a Saturday for bacon bones and any free bones for the dog which the dog never got, we put them all in a pan with lentills for a boil up: :gag:

think you was spoilt raymondo.but boil up was really nice on top of chips from ainsleys eh pal.?

• 3 months later...
Harry, John Mick and Peter are sons of Harold who worked with his brothers Edwin, Ernest, Dick and Harry for their father Edward Oliver, my grandfather. Edwards other sons George and Ted also owned shops in Attercliffe opposite Banners and the Attercliffe Palace. Another son Alf (also mentioned in this thread) worked for Edward's brother Ernest in the shop on Staniforth Rd. Ted had a son Teddy and a grandson Michael who eventually owned the shop on Eccleshall Road. There is a whole tribe of Olivers and their families although the only sibling still alive is Gladys, the youngest daughter of Edward. George's grandson David has a website for family information.

Hi my Nan was related to the Oliver's, her uncle she remembers most is George Oliver, what is the website with the family information?

• 1 year later...