Help put some unleaded in a diesel van ??

last night i put £15.00 of unleaded in a diesel tank the remainder of the tank has diesel in it - hold about 45 litres so one third is petrol.

can anyone recommended or know anyone who could remove the contents of the tan so i can refill with diesel??

thanks x

Any mechanic / garage should be able to help you. If youre in the Aa or RAC give them a call, they might be able to help or at least tow you to a garage. Don't run the van.

If you had put a small amount in you might have gotten away with just filling the rest of the tank, as you've put about 3 gallon in this won't work.

What car is it?

My lad did the same, i towed him home, we syphoned from the tank access point under the back seat, & refilled.

As warned already - don't start it!!!!!!!!

*Oops, not read your info -van-, I would ask about tank access. It will have on to put the fuel level sensor in.

What car is it?

My lad did the same, i towed him home, we syphoned from the tank access point under the back seat, & refilled.

As warned already - don't start it!!!!!!!!

I once took a 7.5 ton flat-bed lorry with a 1.5t digger and a dumper on the back to a petrol station at rush-hour on the A406 (North Circular, London) and filled it with £80 of unleaded. On the way to the cash desk I realised it was Diesel. That was what you could call an expensive mistake!

Archived