Should men get their child maintanance back?

No the man is the blame for not protecting himself ...

Oh, right....

Woman is married to man a; has an affair with man b and becomes pregnant, lies to man a for 17 years. Yet it's man b who's at fault, not the adulteress:confused:.

I'm not saying it's right (or wrong). Just that people act irrationally when their lives have been proven to be based on a lie/times of (dis)tress:(.

As to the contraception issue you raised before I can only say that the woman went and had an affair, therefore she should have made sure the man took precatutions - or not set out to have the affair. The woman is 100% to blame in the scenario you described (and implied was "the norm in these cases").

There's certainly no excuse for lying for 17 years:mad:

No, there is no justifiable excuse for lying in that scenario, however, I still maintain that if a man is not willing to contribute in some way to a child's upbringing, he should protect himself from finding himself in the position where he has to.

I agree that people do act irrationally in times of distress and shock, however, I still find it beyond my comprehension that where a man has actually forged a relationship with a child and played an active role in bringing them up, he could just demand some kind of financial recompense for having wasted his money.

Oh, right.... Woman is married to man a; has an affair with man b and becomes pregnant, lies to man a for 17 years. Yet it's man b who's at fault, not the adulteress:confused:.
Well, don't you think that he should have protected himself, knowing that he was having an affair with another man's wife?

We're all arguing on false premises anyway because the original scenario was skewed and the facts were not clear. I've already explained this once, at least!

Exactly - so the bulk of the responsibility HAS to be the womans, because they are the one carrying the can afterwards, as it were.

And so is he, it could have serious ramifications for him which is why any sensible man should protect himself. If he finds himself in an unhappy situation where is he tied to the woman forever more because they have a child then surely the fact that because he has little control post conception should make him behave even more responsibly?

I don't know about you, however, if I were a guy, I'd hate to find myself in a position where some woman with whom I had no interest in settling down with, or if I didn't want children, announced that she were pregnant. I'd do everything possible to prevent that situation from ever arising.

I don't know about you, however, if I were a guy, I'd hate to find myself in a position where some woman with whom I had no interest in settling down with, or if I didn't want children, announced that she were pregnant. I'd do everything possible to prevent that situation from ever arising.

Been in that situation, we just went and had it aborted. Job done.

I wouldnt say its trolling. More my opinion?

But you haven't given your opinion yet. You maintain that getting pregnant is entirely the woman's fault and not the man's, but you have not even attempted to explain why - given that it takes both parties to achieve pregnancy.

*Why do people write in asterisk, what does it mean*

It's an internet-speak method of implying that you're doing something, rather than saying something. For instance:

*falls over in shock* I can't believe you just said that.

Archived