TV Licence Detector Vans - Urban Myth?

So is possession of cannabis.

It's one of those pathetic laws that you shouldn't really pay attention too.

The difference is that the licence fee is collected by Capita, imagine how many people would be prosecuted for possession if Capita given responsibility for policing the cannabis laws and they were rewarded for every prosecution.

bit of advice for those who dont buy one i did not buy one for years one knock on the door just telled them no tv worked for years then one day knock on the door 3 coppers 2 tv men warrant to search house for a tv to all you do gooders thinking thats justice think a minute why would it take 3 coppers 2 tv to look for a tv pity coppers cant go catching scumbag druggies rapist murderers etc

I can't believe this thread hasn't been closed yet! All you people who aren't paying your TV license are exactly the same type of people who don't insure their cars "Well I'm a safe driver and if I get nicked it's only a £200 fine" or work whilst claiming the dole. You're basically scroungers, you shouldn't be proud of that and certainly shouldn't be bragging about it on here!

I can't believe this thread hasn't been closed yet! All you people who aren't paying your TV license are exactly the same type of people who don't insure their cars "Well I'm a safe driver and if I get nicked it's only a £200 fine" or work whilst claiming the dole. You're basically scroungers, you shouldn't be proud of that and certainly shouldn't be bragging about it on here!

You don't need a license unless you watch LIVE tv.

The Licensing authorities continually harass people without a license who don't watch LIVE tv and whom done even have a TV.

Pull your aerial out and stop paying.

Pedantry aside it's amazing how many people can't grasp the simple concept that "You need to be covered by a valid TV Licence if you watch or record TV as it's being broadcast".

I could certainly manage without a TV licence and I expect that millions of others could too.

The law states that you need to be covered by a TV Licence if you watch or record television programmes, on any device, as they're being shown on TV. This includes TVs, computers, mobile phones, games consoles, digital boxes and DVD/VHS recorders.

You don't need a licence if you don't use any of these devices to watch or record television programmes as they're being shown on TV - for example, if you use your TV only to watch DVDs or play video games, or you only watch programmes on your computer after they have been shown on TV. If this is the case, please let us know, as this helps us to keep our database up to date and means you won't receive the standard letters we send to unlicensed addresses.

source = TV licensing

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check/viewtopiccontent.aspx?id=TOP12&iqdocumentid=TOP12&WT.mc_id=r001

Archived