TV Licence Detector Vans - Urban Myth?

I'm just waiting for the same lunatic arguments to be trotted out to defend the TV tax - such as linking the maker of 'Cash In The Attic' to the essential public services!

You mean like continually re-stating the lunatic argument that the BBC only makes 'Cash in the Attic'?

People who don't pay their TV licence fee are heroes, in my book. Anybody who takes on the might of this publicly funded behemoth deserves a medal.

Please don't be including me in that then - whilst I don't have a TV licence nor watch TV I have no beef with the BBC per se - you really should seperate your targets from each other....

Please don't be including me in that then - whilst I don't have a TV licence nor watch TV I have no beef with the BBC per se - you really should seperate your targets from each other....

That is just what the BBC wants. The TV Licence fee, and its method of collection (which includes threats and harassment) IS the reason the BBC exists. If you have a problem with the TV licence fee, then you certainly have a problem with the BBC.

The BBC runs TV Licensing, every aspect of its operation is controlled in exact detail by dear old Auntie. But the BEEB decided many years ago that it did not want to be associated with the menacing strong arm tactics used by TV Licensing, so it tells the public that it is a separate organisation - when in fact it is managed by the BBC at White City.

Why not?

The law states that you only need a TV licence to "install or use" a TV set for "receiving broadcast signals"

If you only watch DVD's, or prerecorded stuff, or use it as a giant Xbox monitor, or like me for other purposes you don't need a TV licence at all so why pay for one?

They may mean capable of receiving broadcast signals, ie if the tv or video has a working tuner section. It is deemed an installation if it is plugged into both the mains and aerial.

It is deemed an installation if it is plugged into both the mains and aerial.

Only if the channels are tuned in.

If it's not plugged into the aerial, and the tuner (operational or not) isn't tuned into any channels, it's not considered "installed" and, hence, doesn't require a licence.

You mean like continually re-stating the lunatic argument that the BBC only makes 'Cash in the Attic'?

Please provide a link to any post of mine that states that I believe that the BBC only makes one single programme? You can't, because I never have.

Why are you trying to mislead people about my views? Do you make false claims in every post that you contribute?

Archived