TV Licence Detector Vans - Urban Myth?

I refer you to post 12.

This wasn't even your post. And it describes how such a TV detector might function in theory.

Doesn't seem to have stopped you though, does it?

I try to support my posts with facts. I do not misrepresent opinion as fact, unlike you.

I haven't avoided it, merely declined to do so. Reality isn't a matter of opinion and I really don't care if you believe me or not. Anyone who's genuinely interested can easily find out one way or another.

That you are obviously afraid to back up your claim, with evidence, that "detector vans can only detect CRT TV's" leads one to the conclusion that you are attempting to mislead us. I guess that with your penchant for misinformation you are well qualified to be employed by BBC TV Licensing.

This wasn't even your post. And it describes how such a TV detector might function in theory.

No, it describes how a CRT TV can be detected, it's not a theory. Obelix can detect one too, I guess that's a theory also.

I try to support my posts with facts. I do not misrepresent opinion as fact, unlike you.

Nonsense. Virtually every post you've made has been a misrepresention of reality, to the point that you've undermined the one genuine point you actually had to make!

That you are obviously afraid to back up your claim, with evidence, that "detector vans can only detect CRT TV's" leads one to the conclusion that you are attempting to mislead us.

Odd that other posters appear to be able to understand the concept and my point.

I guess that with your penchant for misinformation you are well qualified to be employed by BBC TV Licensing.

Haahaa, laughable.

To be honest, you're your own worst enemy with your misinformation and constant tittle tattle over non-issues. If you're the vanguard of the protest to get rid of the TV license, it'll be here indefinately. You make my point for me with every post you make.

To be honest, you're your own worst enemy with your misinformation and constant tittle tattle over non-issues. If you're the vanguard of the protest to get rid of the TV license, it'll be here indefinately. You make my point for me with every post you make.

A number of forum members have contacted me requesting advice about not paying the BBC TV licence fee - and I have been only too happy to oblige. I have made some good contacts on here, resistance is growing. :thumbsup:

Well over a million properties that the BBC considers to be licensable are currently not giving any money to the Corporation. We shall beat the TV licence fee by peaceful civil disobediance, people simply refusing to pay for something that they do not value. I haven't given any money to the greedy BBC since 1999. I have not been prosecuted and no TV Licence fee enforcer has gained access to my property.

so why do hospitals charge 5 quid a night to watch 1 ? :rant:

Hospitals don't charge for TV as its not supplied by them.

The people who run it are a private company and its them that charge extortionate prices for watching it. It use to be run by Patientline but that went into administration and was taken over. They were the ones given the contract to supply and fit the system which cost £M's to install in Hospitals. The system also has a phone and is internet capable but very expensive.

Unfortunately it relies on ill people to make a profit and should be boycotted by all as its totally (IMHO) immoral. People who are ill should get this free as part of their well-being and recuperation..

Thanks Obelix for that info. It was a long time ago since I read about how they worked, I knew they tuned into a frequency but thought it was the electron gun and not the local oscillator.

A number of forum members have contacted me requesting advice about not paying the BBC TV licence fee - and I have been only too happy to oblige. I have made some good contacts on here, resistance is growing. :thumbsup:

Well over a million properties that the BBC considers to be licensable are currently not giving any money to the Corporation. We shall beat the TV licence fee by peaceful civil disobediance, people simply refusing to pay for something that they do not value. I haven't given any money to the greedy BBC since 1999. I have not been prosecuted and no TV Licence fee enforcer has gained access to my property.

If, because of that selfish attitude, we lose the only quality broadcaster, probably in the world, then I hope you hang your head in shame.

If, because of that selfish attitude, we lose the only quality broadcaster, probably in the world, then I hope you hang your head in shame.

It is not selfish to refuse to contribute towards the wasteful and bloated BBC. It is certainly not selfish to refuse to pay towards the £838,000 salary of the BBC Director General, Mark Thompson. Or to contribute towards Chris Moyles £494,000 salary. To choose not to contribute towards these greedy individuals luxury lifestyles is commendable, not selfish.

As for the BBC being "the only quality broadcaster, probably in the world" this is very far from the truth. The modern BBC is a long way past its golden age of the 1970's. HBO produces drama and comedy which is light years ahead of the BBC. In fact much US programming these days is better than what the BEEB can offer.

Those who defend the BBC TV licence fee defend greed, waste and a particularly nasty form of regressive taxation that hurts the vulnerable and disadvantaged the most. People who do not fund the greedy BBC monster can hold their heads high.

Why is it that they don't just make a tv without the ability to watch the bbc channels?.

I have informed them i have no wish to pay this license as i do not need it, when asked why i responded i do not watch bbc content and i mostly use the set for gaming and watching dvds. I get my news from their website which is NOT worth 145 quid a year.

Not had a visit/letter since.

To get me to watch their content means actually getting on par with sky etc for their pricing.

Won't happen, and the only reason the license fee is so enforced is to keep the population paying for it's ever transparent lies!

Why is it that they don't just make a tv without the ability to watch the bbc channels?.

I have informed them i have no wish to pay this license as i do not need it, when asked why i responded i do not watch bbc content and i mostly use the set for gaming and watching dvds. I get my news from their website which is NOT worth 145 quid a year.

Not had a visit/letter since.

To get me to watch their content means actually getting on par with sky etc for their pricing.

Won't happen, and the only reason the license fee is so enforced is to keep the population paying for it's ever transparent lies!

The cheapest Sky package on their website is £19.99 pcm while the BBC licence fee is only £12 pcm. It's a no-brainer really, ads everywhere or quality programs.

Archived