Is this another big blow for yorkshire

Had a good hunt around but cant find any truth in this but ive been told today that our lovely government has kicked yorkshire in the teeth again by pulling the plug on Yorkshire Forward.

Anyone that knows anything they do will know that this is a huge blow & if anyone knows that this is just hear say what ive heard, then please please put me right.:sad:

http://www.yorkshire-forward.com/

Had a good hunt around but cant find any truth in this but ive been told today that our lovely government has kicked yorkshire in the teeth again by pulling the plug on Yorkshire Forward.

Anyone that knows anything they do will know that this is a huge blow & if anyone knows that this is just hear say what ive heard, then please please put me right.:sad:

http://www.yorkshire-forward.com/

Indeed, all the development agencies have been scrapped I think.

Not good then, also it looks like it old news, it also looks like these agencies are going to be replaced? this is surely all going to cost extra money to set up, am i being blind here, surely this doesnt make sense to be setting up new bodies at massive expence when there are already ones set in place.

Why not just tweek the ones that are already in place??

Having not seen the white papers or anything this is just off the top of my head but I would hope that the RDAs are going to be replaced with something more localand responsive as Yorkshire Foreward did kinda pick up the monicker of Leeds Forward...

Not good then, also it looks like it old news, it also looks like these agencies are going to be replaced? this is surely all going to cost extra money to set up, am i being blind here, surely this doesnt make sense to be setting up new bodies at massive expence when there are already ones set in place.

Why not just tweek the ones that are already in place??

I think it's one of the current governments aims to get rid of layers of bureaucracy, small government and all that.

Archived