Is this another big blow for yorkshire

Having not seen the white papers or anything this is just off the top of my head but I would hope that the RDAs are going to be replaced with something more localand responsive as Yorkshire Foreward did kinda pick up the monicker of Leeds Forward...

Yorkshire Forward was all about trying to attract investment into the region, rather than particularity spending vast sums of money on their own.

Apparently they will be replaced with 'Local Enterprise Boards'.

Having not seen the white papers or anything this is just off the top of my head but I would hope that the RDAs are going to be replaced with something more localand responsive as Yorkshire Foreward did kinda pick up the monicker of Leeds Forward...
Which is a bit odd because according to the YF website the West Yorkshire region only get £50m a year. South Yorkshire get £80m, North Yorkshire get £85m and Humberside get £118m.

Which is a bit odd because according to the YF website the West Yorkshire region only get £50m a year. South Yorkshire get £80m, North Yorkshire get £85m and Humberside get £118m.

I'm simply going on anecodotes that I've heard - possibly it's simply easier to work with YF if your Leeds based because that's where they are?

Yorkshire Forward was all about trying to attract investment into the region, rather than particularity spending vast sums of money on their own.

Apparently they will be replaced with 'Local Enterprise Boards'.

So what on earth were local councils supposed to be doing........

So what on earth were local councils supposed to be doing........

Here's a clue:

Rubbish collection

Recycling

Planning applications

Housing

Pest control

Advice for business

Public toilets

Parking

Tourism

The arts

Youth services

Collecting Council Tax

Here's a clue:

Rubbish collection

Recycling

Planning applications

Housing

Pest control

Advice for business

Public toilets

Parking

Tourism

The arts

Youth services

Collecting Council Tax

What about attracting new businesses ....or do they think its not there job?

Archived