The Common Room :: Forum ::

2c4s

The food is great!

All the burgers are homemade and served with chips and home made coleslaw, the pizzas are thin n tasty and the BLT is a firm favourite of mine already!

2 pizzas for £6 mon-fri 12 - 2pm and food is served till 9pm

Happy hour is mon-fri 6 - 8.30. Half price cocktails, 2 bottles for £3, 2 glasses of house wine for £3 and selected draught is £1.50

The pool charges vary from £5 to £7 per hour

Enjoy! Im sure you will!!

I had a 'look in' on Sunday lunchtime. It looks well-cool and I only wish I could have stayed. As it was, I had my two young daughters (3 and 6) so I went in to ask what their stance was regarding kids (before we all entered). I was informed they didn't allow children in, which I don't have a problem with.

So, I shall look forward to a time when I can go there but obviously without the kids. It looks like the ideal place to chill, especially on a Sunday afternoon, but like I said, another time maybe?

Incidentally, there seem to be fewer places you can go for a drink in the daytime in town where kids are allowed. We went to RSVP (fine with children) then round to the Hogshead (or Museum). Not long ago - up until April, I was told - you could take your children inside but no longer. Result was, we sat outside in the rain drinking our beers and Cokes!

The Devonshire Cat likewise used to be okay with children but again, their policy has changed. I'm grateful for the chap who came up to me at the entrance to save me the embarrassment of traipsing all the way to the bar only to have to leave with my enterage in tow! (I was trying to come see if any Forumers were in there.)

That left the Forum where we were okay with the children. Whilst I appreciate pubs and kids don't mix, it would be nice to have the opportunity to spend an afternoon having a few drinks with my family in my home-town.

i went on a tuesday night, was quite busy, so we just put our name on the board to reserve a table, we only had to wait about 5 min before the called us to tell us our table was free, we stayed for a few hours, had a good time, pool tables are excellent, take a bit of getting used to though, with them being bigger tables and balls.

there seemed to be staff constanly clearing up and emptying ash tray etc, was a really good place to go.

Archived