Chilean miners-all 33 rescued! Joy!

Mine seems to work without the video. What about the ON/OFF option bottom right of video link?

I'm just updating, it's cool. I was just being argumentative with myself :hihi:

OMG it must feel as if aliens have landed, what an amazing shot! :clap:

Yep

Oh wow! The footage from underground of the first man down is fantastic.

Yep

There are 2000 more people watching now than 10 mins ago! :o

Though this isn't quite 'first man on the moon'... when you consider the time scale and the job in hand, this must be high on the 'human achievement' scale.

I know. I love this comment on the guardian website:

lightacandle

13 October 2010 1:49AM

It's good to witness something where once again people can come together with true hope in their hearts and work for the good of others. Something we all know is sadly lacking in these present times. I think that is why all of this has captured the pubilc's attention - it has re-awakened something in all of us that has been fading away in these otherwise clouded days of narrow mindedness and self interest. A worldwide shared unity of hope has overcome the darkness - for now anyway.

I know. I love this comment on the guardian website:

lightacandle

13 October 2010 1:49AM

It's good to witness something where once again people can come together with true hope in their hearts and work for the good of others. Something we all know is sadly lacking in these present times. I think that is why all of this has captured the pubilc's attention - it has re-awakened something in all of us that has been fading away in these otherwise clouded days of narrow mindedness and self interest. A worldwide shared unity of hope has overcome the darkness - for now anyway.

Granted, he/she worded it better than me :hihi:

First man going up! :)

This has been an extraordinary opportunity for Chile to show the world what it can do, I think it has probably shifted the perceptions of Chileans themselves, all in bicentennial year, I take my hat off to them. I just hope the legal fallout doesn't get nasty, and that positive changes in the industry will ensue as a result of all this.

And what a perfect moment for my freeview box to start its update. :hihi:

Archived