Chilean miners-all 33 rescued! Joy!

It's a tube on the end of a bit of rope, not the International Space Station. When they are strapped in they don't physically strap their hands down...they still have movement albeit small.

I think the whole thing has been taken out of proportion regarding the technology. The real technology was getting the hole down there in the first place.

I like that line - that's topical signature material that!

BREAKING NEWS

the president of chile and all his rescue team are now sat round a desk thinking, "how the hell are we going to get the last man out?"

"why didnt we listen to that Natallie when we had the chance?"

That's what I was thinking.... I should be head of NASA or something

BREAKING NEWS

the president of chile and all his rescue team are now sat round a desk thinking, "how the hell are we going to get the last man out?"

"why didnt we listen to that Natallie when we had the chance?"

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

How... can you strap yourself in, and close the door? He'll be strapped in.

They've been getting other people to strap them in and close the door, they've not done it themselves. And, don't they have to get someone to check it all before they go back up? Who's going to do that...

The last guy out will be the rescue worker who rode the pod into the mine.

He is not ill. He has been in the pod before. He is (acutely) aware that the pod is small. - He also fits.

Does the door have 'lift off' hinges? Can you remove the door (if you really need to?)

Almost certainly. - Given the pre-evacuation tests (and these guys probably do know one or two things about mine rescue) do you think they would've sent somebody down her who couldn't get himself into the pod?

the chicken

oh wait its not the chicken and egg question then?

It's not the chicken you want to worry about.

Remember!

This is South America.

What will happen when the last guy comes up and it turns out that the capsule is occupied by an ancient South American dinosaur?

The whole world is doomed!

Well, I wouldn't want to be the last person down there... selfish as that is.

The last man up will be the foreman - the buck stops with him regarding what happens on his shift, and it's said by those in the know that he'll take the same attitude to seeing his team up to ground level. If there are elements of being secured into the capsule that he really can't do himself, he'll already have accepted the added risk as part of his responsibility. Most of it will have been precautionary anyway, and they didn't really know how the shuttling would be until they actually did it. They've had plenty of practice with the winching now to know what kind of snags may occur at what stage. He'll be OK. :)

Forgot about the rescue worker, he'll still be OK.

The last man up will be the foreman - the buck stops with him regarding what happens on his shift, and it's said by those in the know that he'll take the same attitude to seeing his team up to ground level. If there are elements of being secured into the capsule that he really can't do himself, he'll already have accepted the added risk as part of his responsibility. Most of it will have been precautionary anyway, and they didn't really know how the shuttling would be until they actually did it. They've had plenty of practice with the winching now to know what kind of snags may occur at what stage. He'll be OK. :)

Aww bless him, hope he does get up OK then.

Thanks for the sensible answer... finally :hihi:

Archived