Chilean miners-all 33 rescued! Joy!

tbh the only thing i heard about in fighting with the miners was to who would be last to be rescued, they all wanted to be last
I have to say according to what I read this appears to be the case. I didn't hear anything that stated they had been fighting. thats not to say they weren't just I wasn't aware of it.

Only they know what happened down there. Its a triumph that they all got out safely and they all seem in remarkably fine fettle. Its also telling that if this happened here you can bet your last quid they would still be down there while the health and safety aspects were discussed

So what if they were 'at each other's throats'? Is it not entirely understandable, one can only begin to imagine the atmosphere fraught with tension and fear? It's nothing to be ashamed of, however, why some are choosing to focus on this particular aspect, I have no idea. For once we have a feel good news story with a 100% positive outcome and yet there is a desire from some quarters to turn it into some kind of scandalous story.:(
If that is a skit at me then I prefer you come out and say what you mean instead of hiding what your saying.

That way I can defend my self rather than you walk away thinking that your in some way clever throwing in jibes over peoples heads.

If it is a skit at me then show me where I am making this a scandalous story ?

I have not said that they have ate anyone or that anyone said they planned to, I ask that they give us a warts and all account even if it contains thoughts of cannibalism so that we get real understanding of what they went through and human nature pushed to its limits rather than a glamorised version of events. read what I have said before jumping the gun instead of coming in at the arse end of a conversation and drawing conclusions.

These men were a team, who had worked together for long enough.

They knew each others strengths and weaknesses.

They had a good leader, who kept a lid on it all.

All I can imagine is that people who say they lost it have never been part of a team.

That is what it means, teamwork.

Working together for the best outcome.

If it had gone on for much longer, then it may have come unravelled.

But it didnt did it?

You believe what you want, I imagine 33 scared men at the end of there tether in a predicament that they could see no way out of. If you wish to believe they at all time held it together mentally together and discipline was never lost then fine, but your delusional if you think anyone could hold it together in the circumstances they found themselves in, I sure don't know a person who could.

If that is a skit at me then I prefer you come out and say what you mean instead of hiding what your saying.

That way I can defend my self rather than you walk away thinking that your in some way clever throwing in jibes over peoples heads.

If it is a skit at me then show me where I am making this a scandalous story ?

I have not said that they have ate anyone or that anyone said they planned to, I ask that they give us a warts and all account even if it contains thoughts of cannibalism so that we get real understanding of what they went through and human nature pushed to its limits rather than a glamorised version of events. read what I have said before jumping the gun instead of coming in at the arse end of a conversation and drawing conclusions.

It wasn't aimed at you in particular, however, if the cap fits.

It never ceases to amaze me how a positive story can be turned into a negative one.

How can you make that proclamation ?

You ever been stuck down a mine with it looking like it was going to be your tomb have you ?

Of cause you maybe right when it comes to the official line on it now they are out, but I bet a few of them thought 'who we going to eat first then ?' :hihi:

That's why I hope they do a warts and all story on it to give us a true insight to human nature rather than what people would want to hear them say, have it without a gloss on it.

Why not be happy that lives (all) have been saved? Why do you specifically need "warts n all"?

How boring is 'Pedro had a scrap with Angelo'.

It wasn't aimed at you in particular, however, if the cap fits.

It never ceases to amaze me how a positive story can be turned into a negative one.

Well if the cap fits then maybe you would like to say how ? if not let us know who the cap was meant for ?

Or have you just dropped by to add a sound bite ?

Archived