Chilean miners-all 33 rescued! Joy!

It's almost an admission of disappointment that all went well.
What would you prefer. They all get rescued triumphantly or the drill comes through and they are all sat there with various parts of Miguel on a fire and them with guilty looks on their faces?! :)

You believe what you want, I imagine 33 scared men at the end of there tether in a predicament that they could see no way out of. If you wish to believe they at all time held it together mentally together and discipline was never lost then fine, but your delusional if you think anyone could hold it together in the circumstances they found themselves in, I sure don't know a person who could.

I know loads of men who could, scores, if not thousands.

Being a man is a state of mind, and in adversity you must react like a man.

Men do not crack at the least little thing.

These men are Miners, and just as Soildiers and Seamen know that their comrades would never give up on them, so they knew that help was on its way.

How do you think they survived so long?

It certainly was not by fighting like ferrets in a sack, and acting like divas.

If that had been the case they would all have been dead at the end of day one.

Why not be happy that lives (all) have been saved? Why do you specifically need "warts n all"?

How boring is 'Pedro had a scrap with Angelo'.

Because I am interested in how they made it, this is one of the greatest survival stories ever, don't tell me this is of no interest to humankind ?

The mind set of these people in those circumstances is really relevant to human knowledge, about human interaction in the face of adversary, what they went through cannot be replicated falsely, by sticking some celebs in the jungle for a few weeks, this was the real deal.

Everything should be learned from this because it says as much about man kind as much as these 33 men.

And if that's hard to work out 'Suffragette' then I give up because your not worth the explanation.

Well if the cap fits then maybe you would like to say how ? if not let us know who the cap was meant for ?

Or have you just dropped by to add a sound bite ?

Dropped by? I've made several posts on this thread.

I'm sure that I don't need to explain why I said if the cap fits nor single people out whose alacrity to highlight that there was disharmony and tension amongst the miners when everyone else was rejoicing in their safe rescue and praising the President.

Because I am interested in how they made it, this is one of the greatest survival stories ever, don't tell me this is of no interest to humankind ?

The mind set of these people in those circumstances is really relevant to human knowledge, about human interaction in the face of adversary, what they went through cannot be replicated falsely, by sticking some celebs in the jungle for a few weeks, this was the real deal.

Everything should be learned from this because it says as much about man kind as much as these 33 men.

And if that's hard to work out 'Suffragette' then I give up because your not worth the explanation.

So what you really want is an account like the movie "Alive" that doesn't gloss over any unsavoury parts rather than a Hollywood movie where Justin Beiber triumphantly digs them out with his bare hands after giving a speech about how he can be counted on and how great his 6 pack is?

It's almost an admission of disappointment that all went well.

How is it ?

Wanting a warts and all account to gain some insight into it means that you wanted them all to die ?

How do you come to that conclusion then if I may ask ?

Please, its a genuine question, how did you come up with it ?

I know loads of men who could, scores, if not thousands.

Being a man is a state of mind, and in adversity you must react like a man.

Men do not crack at the least little thing.

These men are Miners, and just as Soildiers and Seamen know that their comrades would never give up on them, so they knew that help was on its way.

How do you think they survived so long?

It certainly was not by fighting like ferrets in a sack, and acting like divas.

If that had been the case they would all have been dead at the end of day one.

Least little thing ? and Im accused of trivialising it :hihi:

How would they have known help was on the way ? This rescue is unprecedented, do you know what that means ? it means its never happened before. Miners know the risk, no miner could ever think that they would have been rescued in those circumstances, hope yes, know ? no way.

You live on fantasy Island my friend.

Well, forgive me but your posts were not conveying an empathetic interest in the human psychology of endurance and triumph over adversity.

Archived