Chilean miners-all 33 rescued! Joy!

I would NOT want to bve the last bloke :( I wonder if the last bloke is the doc ? be bad if it was him that did not get out wouldn't it, what would those odds be ?

That was my thought as they were running through the procedure with funky graphics on the news just now. Being the last man down there, even if it's a rescue worker not one of those trapped for two months, will be a strange feeling. A bit of a Mike Collins moment - though he said he didn't mind being stranded alone at all, even on the other side of the moon away form contact with earth.

That was my thought as they were running through the procedure with funky graphics on the news just now. Being the last man down there, even if it's a rescue worker not one of those trapped for two months, will be a strange feeling. A bit of a Mike Collins moment - though he said he didn't mind being stranded alone at all, even on the other side of the moon away form contact with earth.

Strange as it may seem I would want to be the last bloke, make sure everyone else was up safe then imagine the applause you would get!!!

Double satisfaction!

So the miners won't be allowed to be sedated through the ordeal because if the pod gets stuck they will have to work hard to release themselves and winch themselves back down the shaft on a rope. Blimey.

I can understand that. You wouldn't want to be sedated in a situation like that, you'd want to have all your wits about you.

Watching the news tonight they plan to have all the miners taken by helicopter to hospital for a few days assessment after being briefly reunited with their families. I can imagine any miner who feels healthy to say **** that and stay with their family. Miners are an independent lot.

Strange as it may seem I would want to be the last bloke, make sure everyone else was up safe then imagine the applause you would get!!!

Double satisfaction!

He'll get the world record too, of course. According to the BBC, the last man up will be the foreman who's been in charge all along. By all accounts he's been central to keeping it all together, so that really will be a hero moment to top it all off, all else being well.

I can understand that. You wouldn't want to be sedated in a situation like that, you'd want to have all your wits about you.

Watching the news tonight they plan to have all the miners taken by helicopter to hospital for a few days assessment after being briefly reunited with their families. I can imagine any miner who feels healthy to say **** that and stay with their family. Miners are an independent lot.

I would be saying **** that also!

He'll get the world record too, of course. According to the BBC, the last man up will be the foreman who's been in charge all along. By all accounts he's been central to keeping it all together, so that really will be a hero moment to top it all off, all else being well.

I think they have different health issuse too as to who comes up when.

Archived