I hate elections

............and i especially hate being forced to register with the threat of fines and even imprisonment.

if its my right to vote................why ISNT it my right to opt out of the process completely?

because they want your details on the system to aid big brother thats why

(cant tell ive just had a gimp knocking on the door telling me they havent had a form off us, i almost told him where to go :P)

[/rant mode off]

I'm of the opinion that you have no right to complain about how the country is run if you don't vote. So basically: get over it.

I'm of the opinion that you have no right to complain about how the country is run if you don't vote. So basically: get over it.

i dont complain about how the countrys run............what i resent is being forced to fill in voting registration forms

i dont complain about how the countrys run............what i resent is being forced to fill in voting registration forms

I would have said that they don't enforce the legal requirement, but then I found this:

Woking Borough Council instructed bailiffs to visit households where the occupants had refused to complete the form and, despite final requests, two people still refused to provide their details, prompting the Council to prosecute them for their non-compliance. At Woking Magistrates' Court on 13 April 2007, one man was fined £500 with costs of £150 and another man was fined £50 with costs of £50, having submitted a Statement of Means Form (which confirms that a person only has access to limited funds).

http://www.woking.gov.uk/news/archive?item=00004649887F.C0A801BA.00005CBB.0003

you can complain about anything you like its your choice :hihi:why are people of the opinion that if you dont vote you dont have a say :huh:

you can complain about anything you like its your choice :hihi:why are people of the opinion that if you dont vote you dont have a say :huh:

I've wondered that! It's not like you can opt out of paying for them just because you didn't pick them personally.

I love complaining :D

Absolutely.

I'll complain about Fabio picking certain players, but I'm nothing to do with the England team either. :D

People saying that you "can't" complain if you don't vote are clearly misguided. I'm great at complaining. Do it all the time. :) Funnily enough, my complaints get the same response as my friends who vote - nothing, because they're just grumbles between each other. Good eh.

I would have said that they don't enforce the legal requirement, but then I found this:

Woking Borough Council instructed bailiffs to visit households where the occupants had refused to complete the form and, despite final requests, two people still refused to provide their details, prompting the Council to prosecute them for their non-compliance. At Woking Magistrates' Court on 13 April 2007, one man was fined £500 with costs of £150 and another man was fined £50 with costs of £50, having submitted a Statement of Means Form (which confirms that a person only has access to limited funds).

http://www.woking.gov.uk/news/archive?item=00004649887F.C0A801BA.00005CBB.0003

Not only that , if you dont respond it costs more money for the council to chase up and ultimately if council costs go up this can often result in the council having to charge more for council tax, so it is easier for everyone to either complete the form online if there are no changes or post it off straight away.

Archived