I hate elections

Not only that , if you dont respond it costs more money for the council to chase up and ultimately if council costs go up this can often result in the council having to charge more for council tax, so it is easier for everyone to either complete the form online if there are no changes or post it off straight away.

How many people must they pursue for that each year? Really? I've never filled in the form once, can't be bothered as I don't plan on voting.

Realistically, given that the costs of pursuing such people might be say £10,000, in a city with some 200,000 households, that's probably adding 5p to everyone's bill. Given all the people failing to pay their rent, to pay their debts, and all the other problems the council has, I'd say that's the least of their worries really.

What a good idea! What happens if you don't believe in the main policies put forward by any party? If a non-voter promises to keep quiet after an election, do they get to avoid paying taxes etc? :hihi:

I'll vote for you! :)

Crap hang on that means I voted, so I have to pay!

Err....I'll use some sort of suggestion to get you into power!

How many people must they pursue for that each year? Really? I've never filled in the form once, can't be bothered as I don't plan on voting.

Realistically, given that the costs of pursuing such people might be say £10,000, in a city with some 200,000 households, that's probably adding 5p to everyone's bill. Given all the people failing to pay their rent, to pay their debts, and all the other problems the council has, I'd say that's the least of their worries really.

Well I guess the majority just fill in the form maybe after the 2nd reminder so I guess it may not get that far with most people.

............and i especially hate being forced to register with the threat of fines and even imprisonment.

if its my right to vote................why ISNT it my right to opt out of the process completely?

It is. The only conditions to vote are that you're on the electoral register.

If you're not then you can't vote. The electoral commission probably don't care less if you do or don't vote.

As not not being on the electoral role, that's something different completely, surely?

Archived