Is homosexual a derogatory term?

My point is that the word Brit didn't bother me it was the words before and after that were offensive.

I know what your point was, that was exactly the point that I responded to. Perhaps you could make a bit more effort to understand my post, it's not that complicated.

I am perfectly capable of using google, and I have done so, and have been able to find 0 evidence that the origins of the modern usage of the word 'gay' is the acronym 'good as you'.

I have politely asked if you would tell us where you were able to verify that claim, I am now asking again, please will you? pretty please with sugar on top?

Read post 75, for the full definition.

I know what your point was, that was exactly the point that I responded to. Perhaps you could make a bit more effort to understand my post, it's not that complicated.

Your last sentence specifically centred on the word **** compared to Brit.

Perhaps if you slowed down a bit you would remember what you had written.

and....? It is clearly relevant to the discussion

It is not the shortening of the word that causes offence it is what is used with it. If derogatory terms were used with the word Pakistani the meaning would be the same and so would that word eventually be perceived as an insult.

Anyhow we are drifting well off the subject of this thread.

It is not the shortening of the word that causes offence it is what is used with it. If derogatory terms were used with the word Pakistani the meaning would be the same and so would that word eventually be perceived as an insult.

Precisely, that's what I've been saying. **** has been used derogatively for decades now and as a result has become offensive. Brit has not, Poppins isn't smart enough to be able to make this distinction though.

Homo comes from the Latin word meaning a member of the male species and sexual basically refers to the human instinct

It is a bastardised word from greek and latin. Classical linguists would hate the word. It's from G: ὁμός (homos, “same”) and L: sexus (“sex”).

Archived