Foxholes Farm DJs?

As I already explained to you by PM, for a DJ to run their equipment through a generator is very risky. Any unstable power supply could damage equipment. I've heard of one DJ that I know having his laptop fried by a generator which surged. I'm sure there are faultless generators out there, but there's no safe guarantee that's why I won't work with them.

If a power supply, a mains supply, can be extended to your marquee then that's the only safe way.

As I already explained to you by PM, for a DJ to run their equipment through a generator is very risky. Any unstable power supply could damage equipment. I've heard of one DJ that I know having his laptop fried by a generator which surged. I'm sure there are faultless generators out there, but there's no safe guarantee that's why I won't work with them.

If a power supply, a mains supply, can be extended to your marquee then that's the only safe way.

You have missed my point I think, this is asking if a single phase electricity supply IS risky? Nothing about a generator. I understand you won't work with a generator, fair enough. I was wondering if one is really needed. Apologies if I'm confusing matters

My knowledge of electricity is limited I must admit. In your PM to me you asked if I had a generator which is something the farm asked which has been the main basis of our discussion to date.

I'm wondering if we need to get someone across from the Technical Chat part of the Forum to help with this. I'll ask them to come over here and help out.

If it's safe then I'd love to help you out.

Archived