"Deliberate" Road Rage?

Trolling ?

I happen to have a personal distaste for people that run amber lights thinking they are special. This has nothing to do with trolling, if you start a topic you can't expect everyone to agree with your point.

If the person behind hit you then that is that persons problem, if you run amber then that's your problem, stop evading responsibility for your actions and blaming everyone but.

You should have been able to stop at 25 mph, the person behind could have stopped at 25 mph, the stopping distance at that speed is not a great deal and I doubt anyone would want to be as close as your making out where they could not stop at that speed so Im sorry if you think this is trolling but I don't believe you.,

But is it not also Stomp's problem when someone goes ploughing in to his bumper? Whether it's his fault or not that still becomes his problem.

Bus drivers jump the lights all the time and then try to bully you out of the way. I think you should have stopped - even if it was a few yards over the line (depending on the junction) as long as you weren't blocking the other traffic. Bus drivers do this every morning blocking the two left lanes on sheaf street trying to come onto Park Square. Really really annoying. If only they'd wait.

Trolling ?

I happen to have a personal distaste for people that run amber lights thinking they are special. This has nothing to do with trolling, if you start a topic you can't expect everyone to agree with your point.

I fully expect people to disagree, but would have assumed that a pre-requisite to formulating an argument would be to have read all the facts. You seem to have stopped at the amber light.

If the person behind hit you then that is that persons problem, if you run amber then that's your problem, stop evading responsibility for your actions and blaming everyone but.

If they hit me, and cause inevitable damage to my vehicle, surely it is my problem too? Do I not have to call my insurer, get my vehicle repaired, take time off work etc?

You should have been able to stop at 25 mph, the person behind could have stopped at 25 mph, the stopping distance at that speed is not a great deal and I doubt anyone would want to be as close as your making out where they could not stop at that speed so Im sorry if you think this is trolling but I don't believe you.,

Stopping distance at 20mph (including thinking distance) is about 12 meteres (40ft) (Source), and the vehicle behind me was a LOT closer than that.

I was travelling home last night as I do normally, and I became quite frustrated about several incidents of ignorant motorists, or vehicles that shouldn't be on the road for various reasons. I wanted to get out of my car and slap them with a ticket! This led me to wonder, what have you seen recently that you would give a motorist a ticket for. My list from my journey yesterday is:

1) Not indicating when changing lanes on the Motorway

2) Failing to give way at a junction (pulling straight out onto the main road without looking)

3) 2 out of 3 breaklights out

4) Blocking a roudabout

5) Blocking a yellow box junction

6) Illegal modifications - tyres wider than the vehicle

7) Tailgating

8 ) Jumping a red light

9) Getting into the wrong lane, then cutting me up, and swearing at me when they nearly crash into the side of my car

10) Undertaking on the Motorway

So - what is in your list?

People doing ambers.

To be honest your predicament is no concern of mine but I have sat at lights or in the middle of the road waiting to turn loads of time and had people go for amber and it really does get your goat up, so I can understand why the other driver spat his dummy out with you.

Stopping distance at 20mph (including thinking distance) is about 12 meteres (40ft) (Source), and the vehicle behind me was a LOT closer than that.

isn't that presumption going on him not breaking as your lights come on ?

If someone is that close then how come you did not touch your breaks to warn them off ?

People doing ambers.

That's great! :D

However I think you'll find that my list contains illegal items (except number 9 - granted). Failing to stop at an amber light at 20mph because there is a vehicle on my back bumper isnt.

That's great! :D

However I think you'll find that my list contains illegal items (except number 8 - granted). Failing to stop at an amber light at 20mph because there is a vehicle on my back bumper isnt.

That's just your excuse for doing what you did.

20mph now, thought it was 25-30

isn't that presumption going on him not breaking as your lights come on ?

If someone is that close then how come you did not touch your breaks to warn them off ?

Yes, as he has to see my break lights, react to them, and hit his breaks - thats what "thinking distance" means.

I'm not in the habit of breaking and then accelerating off - is that what you mean?

Archived