"Deliberate" Road Rage?

Ive experienced this too. I was sat on a main road in a queue of traffic, waiting for the lights to change, when there was a beep of a horn to my side. I looked to see a well dressed man at the wheel, who gestured that I should move my car backwards. I was blocking his half of the junction, but he was indicating to the left, meaning he wanted the spot in the queue where I was.

I told him to ffffffffffoff, and he glared at me. As the traffic moved forward, he pushed his way into the queue directly behind me. He then got out of his car whilst I was held at the lights, and started the usual "Whats your <> problem you <> peice of <>". So I just locked my door and ignored him.

He then followed me down the road for a while, getting really close to me. I got bored of him and he zoomed off into town.

Ive never expereinced anything like this since, other than the occasional beep of the horn. I find that if you acknowledge your mistake (if you are at fault) then it immediatley defuses the situation. I have to say I have pulled out on people before, when I thought there was enough time to get out of a junction and misjudged it.

Wow you have a history of problems at lights don't you ?

I especially like this bit

I told him to ffffffffffoff

See, so you can understand peoples frustration on the road then when things don't appear to be going right ?

And I thought that you was a victim of road rage. All those who have jumped to your defence must be biting their lips now ?

Wow you have a history of problems at lights don't you ?

I especially like this bit

See, so you can understand peoples frustration on the road then when things don't appear to be going right ?

And I thought that you was a victim of road rage. All those who have jumped to your defence must be biting their lips now ?

That was many years ago. I since learned my lesson, and have calmed down :)

Edit: I never said that I didn't understand the frustration, but I objected to was the fact that I was almost out of the way of the vehicle when they deliberatley placed themselves in a position where they felt justified in giving me the two fingered salute.

Ive experienced this too. I was sat on a main road in a queue of traffic, waiting for the lights to change, when there was a beep of a horn to my side. I looked to see a well dressed man at the wheel, who gestured that I should move my car backwards. I was blocking his half of the junction, but he was indicating to the left, meaning he wanted the spot in the queue where I was.

I told him to ffffffffffoff, and he glared at me. As the traffic moved forward, he pushed his way into the queue directly behind me. He then got out of his car whilst I was held at the lights, and started the usual "Whats your <> problem you <> peice of <>". So I just locked my door and ignored him.

He then followed me down the road for a while, getting really close to me. I got bored of him and he zoomed off into town.

Ive never expereinced anything like this since, other than the occasional beep of the horn. I find that if you acknowledge your mistake (if you are at fault) then it immediatley defuses the situation. I have to say I have pulled out on people before, when I thought there was enough time to get out of a junction and misjudged it.

this is my fav

I was thinking more about the 20 or so minutes I queued to get out of my workplace, and up the road to the Motorway to get home. To be fair though, this was more down to people crawling past the census site at about 2mph to have a good stare at what is going on.

Are you sure its not this sort of thing that makes you take chances at lights ?

Cmon you can tell us ;)

You fed up of cueing and being backed up in traffic ? just nipping through on amber can't hurt that much eh ?

;)

Are you sure its not this sort of thing that makes you take chances at lights ?

Cmon you can tell us ;)

You fed up of cueing and being backed up in traffic ? just nipping through on amber can't hurt that much eh ?

;)

See post #75 :)

Telling someone to go **** themselves could be classed as a public order offence, especially if you go out of your vehicle to tell them so.

Add a specific offence covers it to the extent that if repeat complaints are made about the same VEHICLE regardless of the driver, the car can be removed.

Archived