How do I contact a person after being on their jury?

Would it be something like this?

Dear Mr X

I was on the jury that found you guilty of ".....insert offence.....". I've been thinking about you all the time you were in prison and understand you're now back in the community.

I'd like to reiterate how I as part of the jury had made the right decision, please don't take offence, it's just so I can feel a little more sanctimonious.

I'm not going to tell you my name, as I well know you're an ex-prisoner and probably have friends who wouldn't think twice in paying me a visit.

lmao.. spot on

Dear sir

Do you remember me? I was on the jury who sentenced you to prison. I was the one with the red jumper who kept winking at you. While you were naughty I think you are a handsome naughty chap who has learned your lesson. I don't want to give you my name but please accept this picture of me in a mask waving a fond hello. The nice people at Sheffield Forum thought my behaviour odd and stalker esque but what do they know?

Boomshanka - May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman

Ok so thats not really what you meant but it amused me. Anyway, no don't do this. You did your part and if it was a one off for the person they will be aware of this. You have no reason to feel any guilt, you were doing what you meant to do. Stop worrying about it and don't try to contact the person.

Dear sir

Do you remember me? I was on the jury who sentenced you to prison. I was the one with the red jumper who kept winking at you. While you were naughty I think you are a handsome naughty chap who has learned your lesson. I don't want to give you my name but please accept this picture of me in a mask waving a fond hello. The nice people at Sheffield Forum thought my behaviour odd and stalker esque but what do they know?

Boomshanka - May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman

Ok so thats not really what you meant but it amused me. Anyway, no don't do this. You did your part and if it was a one off for the person they will be aware of this. You have no reason to feel any guilt, you were doing what you meant to do. Stop worrying about it and don't try to contact the person.

I use this quote all the time:hihi: a classic

Dear Forum...

In brief, a few years ago, I sat on a jury that convicted someone of a crime, and they were subsequently sent to prison for a short time. That person is now free. Whilst I feel that the decision I made was right and proper, I feel that I need to express something to this person. I wish to give him/her neither my name nor contact information, but just wish to send a little note to wish them the very best with the rest of their lives, as I truly believe this was a one off incident for this person.

However, where do I start. The only thing I know is the name. I have no other information about their whereabouts. Who might know. This is just something that I feel I have to do. Even if I can not get his/her information directly, through whom can I send it?

Any assistance you can give would be greatly appreciated.

That person may have been released from that sentence but you can't be sure that that person hasn't committed further offences since. You may also find to your cost that the person concerned may be holding a life long grudge for those that found them/him/her guilty the 1st time. Although you state you have no intent of passing on your details..believe me that is naive and ultimately could be costly.

You have to remember that if they are in dock, they are guilty. The CPS don't bring prosecutions without due diligence on the off chance of a conviction. They've done the crime and done the time.
I would not want you on any jury if I found myself in court.

You have to be proven to be guilty, not just charged by the CPS or put in a dock, that's not how it works. :loopy:

You have to remember that if they are in dock, they are guilty. The CPS don't bring prosecutions without due diligence on the off chance of a conviction. They've done the crime and done the time.

What happened to the fundamental principle underpinning our legal system of innocent until proven guilty? Perhaps we should just cut out the trial all together and imprison someone if the CPS decides to charge them?

To the OP - there are strict protocols in place from preventing a jury member's contact with the defence. These are in place for a reason and I would imagine that they apply to post trial as well. For all you know, this person could be harbouring a serious grudge. Your intentions may well be honourable but you'd be best advised to leave well alone.

You mean like Stefan Kisko was guilty? or Timothy Evans? or the Birmingham six/ Guildford four? Dreyfus?

Archived