Where to stay in Whitby..

I'm thinking about taking the missus to Whitby for a night, but don't even know where to begin looking for a hotel. I want somewhere very very nice and i'm not too bothered about the price as it's only for one night. anyone been to Whitby and stayed somewhere really nice? any suggestions?

thanks guys

Rikki

The Royal Hotel is on the West Side cliff-top overlooking the harbour and across to the Abbey. Probably one of the nicest views if you can get a room facing that way. I believe that it's owned by Shearings now. Two minutes walk to the town, a few minutes down the steps to the harbour and the beach.

I have found a link:

http://www.shearings.com/england/yorkshire/hotels/royal-hotel-(whitby)#PageTop

We've stayed in the Langley a few times when we've been to Whitby and would recommend it. Just Google 'Langley Whitby' and it will come up.

The Langley is facing out onto the West Cliff and not in the old part of town so you've got a better chance of getting your car parked.

For anybody wanting to comment, I'm not connected with the hotel or its owners in any way and am just sharing my views on a hotel I've visited.

I've stayted at The George before. The rooms are basic, but you'd only be there one night. Warning though, there is a bar open until about 2.00 am downstairs here, but it's actually fairly quiet in the rooms. I went to bed early when I went with friends as I was quite ill (not from drink :hihi:) and I couldn't hear it at all. So don't let that put you off.

Archived