Where to stay in Whitby..

personally, i prefer to stay in whitby because there's nothing to do in sandsend, but it is nice to walk there along the beach

regarding hotels, there are too many nice one's to list. tripadvisor might be a good place to start if you want to read reviews

i would recommend staying closer to the town than up on the cliffs because it's very cold and windy during autumn/winter, and if you go out for a meal and/or drinks at night the short walk can feel like miles!

have a good time

Try the old town part (cobbled street)- bit more romantic and there's a few nice places on there. I think this time of year you could just turn up and check the rooms before you decide.

It's always best to check if there's something happening though. Whitby has the Goth weekend at the end of this month, and again in Easter. There's the Folk Festival in August, and the Regatta somewhere close to the same date...

The town's heaving during those events, and B&B's are almost always full.

Maybe check http://www.discoveryorkshirecoast.com/whitby-welcome-new.asp and get some numbers to book?

Have a good time

I'm thinking about taking the missus to Whitby for a night, but don't even know where to begin looking for a hotel. I want somewhere very very nice and i'm not too bothered about the price as it's only for one night. anyone been to Whitby and stayed somewhere really nice? any suggestions?

thanks guys

Rikki

This one is very very nice

http://www.whitelinenguesthouse.co.uk/

A beautiful Georgian house renovated to high standards. If you're walking back from the town at night it's just up the road from Baxtergate / St Marys Church on the main road.

A bit off the topic ...

Hi

I have a reservation for 2 nights (29 and 30 October 2010) at a nice B&B in Whitby for the Goth weekend.

The room has got a separate entrance, double bed, en-suite, TV and a fridge.

The B&B is called "Meadowfield Lodge"

The cost is £140 for both nights for 2 people and this includes breakfasts (obviouslyJ)

Unfortunatelly me and my partner cannot make it this year so if anyone wants our reservations PM me please.

I know how difficult it is to get a place there during the Goth Weekend so I'd rather give my reservations to someone than just cancel

Archived