The hard of thinking

i know i use this term a lot, but one thing sparked this thread today.

The supervisor told a workmate this afternoon 2 things

1: carry 3 barrels up to the other end of the room and put on the shelf

2: tidy the shelves up at the other end putting work neatly in date order

now almost before he'd finished the instruction for number 2, he was off, he picked up a barrel and said "ill do this now before i forget"

how the hell would you forget to carry 3 barrels up the other end of the room just by listening to the second instruction?

now my memories atrocious....................but.............

does the second instruction slowly push out the first one from his tiny mind?

bearing in mind he also shouts for help before thinking.

the other day he went running round for the maintenence guy cos the scrubber stopped while he was working on it, only for the supervisor to find he'd laid out some work ON the emergancy stop button lol :suspect:

some people just cannot think logically at all

i know i use this term a lot, but one thing sparked this thread today.

The supervisor told a workmate this afternoon 2 things

1: carry 3 barrels up to the other end of the room and put on the shelf

2: tidy the shelves up at the other end putting work neatly in date order

now almost before he'd finished the instruction for number 2, he was off, he picked up a barrel and said "ill do this now before i forget"

how the hell would you forget to carry 3 barrels up the other end of the room just by listening to the second instruction?

now my memories atrocious....................but.............

does the second instruction slowly push out the first one from his tiny mind?

bearing in mind he also shouts for help before thinking.

the other day he went running round for the maintenence guy cos the scrubber stopped while he was working on it, only for the supervisor to find he'd laid out some work ON the emergancy stop button lol :suspect:

some people just cannot think logically at all

Nope! ....Sorry! ... I've turned this thread on it's sides and upside down (using Ctrl/alt arrow buttons for you non comp types)

Whichever way I look at it, i still can't work out what you mean! :huh:

I think the previous 2 posts are examples of what the op is saying. :roll:

I had an an example today at a course I was attending. The tutor asked us to fill in an application form for a further module next year and gave the dates. She also pointed out that as it was next year they hadn't allocated module numbers yet so we should leave that blank. Of the 13 other attendees no fewer than 5 either asked what the dates were or the module number.

I think the previous 2 posts are examples of what the op is saying. :roll:

I had an an example today at a course I was attending. The tutor asked us to fill in an application form for a further module next year and gave the dates. She also pointed out that as it was next year they hadn't allocated module numbers yet so we should leave that blank. Of the 13 other attendees no fewer than 5 either asked what the dates were or the module number.

:confused:

Ooops! That one has also gone over my head!

Archived