Letting Agents and Nuisance Neighbours - Advice Muchly Appreciated

Do you know if the landlord has got a buy to let mortgage or has he let the property without the knowledge of the lender? If he does not have a buy to let mortgage, the lender could pull the plug on his mortgage, so it may be worth mentioning that to him?

It is a buy to let, basically he only lets it because he's in neg eq now, otherwise he would have sold it a while back. No go there i'm afraid

Are you sure it's a 12 month contract? I thought letting agencies usually gave a 6 months contract initially?

yeah we thought it was a 6 month too and oddly so did the land lord which sounded ominous. Confirmed as 12 months by the letting agent.

A chap who owns and rents out a house on the road I live on ended up in a nightmare situation by using a letting agent.

It really doesn't matter how long the tenancy agreement is for, if they don't want to go they won't until forced to.

It took him two and a half years of non-rent and a wrecked property due to the agents neglect when a troublesome tenant moved in on a six month contract.

He had to go to court to have the guy evicted in the end, which took time and money.

He now does all the letting and checking himself.

Yeah i think this may go the same way possibly, i've been toying with the idea of paying the £100-£150 to the chap who owns it to get a section 8 eviction notice served. Downside being that if she opts for court then we're buggered as your talking another £500+ on top plus £160 for the bailiffs - she could well opt for court as her income benefits entirely and she has a young child meaning legal aid straight away? (she has nothing to lose) unless someone could verify otherwise seeing as the case against her is strong - so far we have her on two elements of the section 8.

Anyway, that aside some good news!! after a terrible Friday where the noise was on and off from 18.30 to 2am, Saturday turned out to be a riot from 18.00 right through to 2am ish, luckily i rang EH early and they attended to witness the full extent of the noise....abatement notice has now been issued

to say we feel relieved is an understatement...just hope it sorts it.....still a long road if not but at least it's legal now

Archived