The evils of coffee and coke ..

The consensus is that caffeine is a safe drug. Have you ever known anyone whose quality of life was harmed by caffeine?

Overdose is quite easy to achieve.

Shakes and jitters.

Some people have even died.

You can die from overdose of nicotine but to do that you need to buy N-junkie patches and gum.

You won't die by overdose of nicotine from smoking.

Believe it or not, it isn't as bad as you think. Sugar free drinks are worse than normal sugar drinks also.

But why? People tell me aspartame rots your brain! But what does that mean and if it's true then why hasn't it been banned? A lot of studies have been done and I don't think there is conclusive evidnce that it's bad for you. Just evidence that it can build up in your soft tissues (I think) but does this necessarily do harm? I drink diet drinks constantly so I'm interested to know.

On the contrary, drinking several cups of coffee a day has been linked to quite a few major health benefits, just google it.

Most things in excess are bad for you of course, drink to much water and it'll kill you!

Not sure about aspartame, I wouldn't touch a diet drink anyway, what's the point.

He just doesn't see the irony!

That's probably because it isn't (ironic) as smokers pay more in tax to cover any future illness that need treating on the NHS.

The consensus is that caffeine is a safe drug. Have you ever known anyone whose quality of life was harmed by caffeine?

I read somewhere a couple of years ago that caffeine is more addictive than heroin.

Archived