Rail fares rip off

I've found if you cross boundaries then the price gets shoved up for example, a single to Outwood from Doncaster is nearly £8, if you get single to South Elmsall, then from SE to Outwood total cost is only £4, because you're paying seperately to each company and not one lump sum, crazy huh

Whats the problem? He`s under 25.

He is is he? It's daftlad we're talking about and he's got a 21 year old son. Do you think he's under 25? It seems unlikely.

Might want to check the facts, and your reading comprehension skills.

Like I said, genius, but now several of you!

I've found if you cross boundaries then the price gets shoved up for example, a single to Outwood from Doncaster is nearly £8, if you get single to South Elmsall, then from SE to Outwood total cost is only £4, because you're paying seperately to each company and not one lump sum, crazy huh

Incorrect.

Only Northern Rail run this route (stopping trains) - so it's one company.

He is is he? It's daftlad we're talking about and he's got a 21 year old son. Do you think he's under 25? It seems unlikely.

Might want to check the facts, and your reading comprehension skills.

Like I said, genius, but now several of you!

lol @ anger and tears.

The fact is his 21yr old son also wants to travel, and daftlad would make a huge saving for the both if his son had a railcard.

Thats not what the lovely conductor told me :):)

I'm afraid he told you fibs then!

The reason your fares are different is that if you buy a direct fare, it is purchased from the TOC - in this case, Northern Rail (believe me when I say no other TOCs call here).

If you buy them separately, you qualify for the subsidised fares under the Passenger Transport Executive.

Archived