Sheffield Comedy Festival

HottyMcBuff

Have just driven through Hillsboro and there are posters everywhere for a comedy festival. Didn't have a chance to see if there was a web page relating to it. Should slow down. Does anyone know anything about this? Have looked on the Grin Up North home page and this does not seem to have updated its news page since January.

Have had a cursory glance around the site to see if there are any other threads relating to this and there don't seem to be, if there are and a cursory look has not been good enough, I apologise for stepping on your electronic toes.

It's in October - Wednesday 19th October it's at The Caper Club at Takapuna on West Street. Really looking forward to it - I always have the best night there.

There are details on their website.

It's great people are fianlly recognising comedy in Sheffield

Originally posted by S101

It's in October - Wednesday 19th October it's at The Caper Club at Takapuna on West Street. Really looking forward to it - I always have the best night there.

There are details on their website.

It's great people are fianlly recognising comedy in Sheffield

It's nice to see that other people appreciate the hard work!

On 19th October we've got Richard Herring headlining at Takapuna but there's loads of events going on during the 16 days including Ross Noble, Jo Brand and... ahem.. Patrick Kielty!

As a warm up to the events, on the 5th October, Archie Kelly will be headlining the club so try and make it down. But do check out the website and show some support to comedy in Sheffield. We seem to be the only city in the country that doesn't have a thriving comedy scene and I don't know why...

Originally posted by ccellis

It's nice to see that other people appreciate the hard work!

On 19th October we've got Richard Herring headlining at Takapuna but there's loads of events going on during the 16 days including Ross Noble, Jo Brand and... ahem.. Patrick Kielty!

Honestly. go and see Patrick Kielty. Long before Fame Academy and Love Island and whatever else he's got himself mixed up in, Patrick was one of the best stand ups around. He'd just stopped the regular compering at The Empire in Belfast before I started playing it, but people there spoke of him as if he was a god. I saw him once at Edinburgh, and was blown away.

The show I'm most looking forwars to is Andre Vincent Is Unwell. It's Andre's story of his tumour, which he turned into a one off for BBC 2 called "Hurrah For Cancer". It's simply brilliant.

great for sheffield a chance for people to see the culture and sights, and bring comedy to the city, will get everyone ready for the new last laugh comedy club opening up in the roundhouse 21st October, a proper comedy club with top quality comedy in a central venue, a serious alternative to a banging music night out in Sheffield.

Archived