Did anyone worked in the sheaf market

shaggy491

• 3 months later...
who worked in the market in early 80s to it closed down

I worked for the company that provided the fabricated aluminium market stalls. It was a massive order for us, coming at the same time as the Nottingham Victoria Market refurb. No-one predicted that it would go downhill so quickly.

The same will happen when they move the Castle Market to Moorfoot

I worked for the company that provided the fabricated aluminium market stalls. It was a massive order for us, coming at the same time as the Nottingham Victoria Market refurb. No-one predicted that it would go downhill so quickly.

The same will happen when they move the Castle Market to Moorfoot

Moving the Markets to the very bottom of the Moor is the biggest act of social vandalism this city will ever experience.

• 1 month later...

i worked on the toy stall in sheaf market in the mid 70s as a saturday job i loved it wanted to start full time after school but my dad wouldnt let me and i got a job at the halifax building society which i hated

i worked on the toy stall in sheaf market in the mid 70s as a saturday job i loved it wanted to start full time after school but my dad wouldnt let me and i got a job at the halifax building society which i hated

Well Nan, Your,e old dad thought he new best [same as all dads] but i bet your life would have been a lot more interesting working in the Market.

Archived