Is an EU Citizen entitled to claim benefits?

I doubt he will have benefit entitlement. He will be subject to Habitual residency test, there are numerous criteria for this. He will need documentation re work reg docs. You also have to have worked in this country for atleast 12 months solid.

The British don't want to. The polish do the Jobs that ours don't want to.
It depends on what the work is, surely? Most Poles I've come across are working in the building trade for lower wages, enabled due to the lifestyle. Which was only being here for short periods of time, living in overcrowded conditions quite often, Auf Weidersein, Pet style. This then puts our builders out of work. Most of them have gone back now the pickings have slimmed down so much. I'm not blaming economic migrants for coming where the money is. Just defending our tradespeople who mostly are not lazy chavs and want to work.

I know a couple of brickies who'd never been out of work for over 20 years and the polish builder invasion cost them their jobs. One of them actually took a job at Iceland, shelf filling - so please don't accuse them of not wanting to work. :(

I know a couple of brickies who'd never been out of work for over 20 years and the polish builder invasion cost them their jobs.

Did it never occur to them to wonder why it was cheaper to hire Polish builders than British ones? Perhaps they need a basic lesson in market economics.

It depends on what the work is, surely? Most Poles I've come across are working in the building trade for lower wages, enabled due to the lifestyle. Which was only being here for short periods of time, living in overcrowded conditions quite often, Auf Weidersein, Pet style. This then puts our builders out of work. Most of them have gone back now the pickings have slimmed down so much. I'm not blaming economic migrants for coming where the money is. Just defending our tradespeople who mostly are not lazy chavs and want to work.

I know a couple of brickies who'd never been out of work for over 20 years and the polish builder invasion cost them their jobs. One of them actually took a job at Iceland, shelf filling - so please don't accuse them of not wanting to work. :(

there was a piece in the star about this last week about them living in squalor and this from the their own people doing it to them .only they kept the wages they were supposed to be getting

Did it never occur to them to wonder why it was cheaper to hire Polish builders than British ones? Perhaps they need a basic lesson in market economics.
glad you like to see the builders earning a pittance just to satisfy the rich .what exactly do you do for a living again ?

Excuse me. I didn't accuse any trades people of not wanting to work. I have had a lot of contact with polish people, who themselves are finding it hard to get work. These people have been working in the chicken factories for example and alot of them do do the jobs the Jobs that many people don't want, like it or not, there are residents of this country who do not want to work.

glad you like to see the builders earning a pittance just to satisfy the rich

The rich have nothing to do with this argument. Perhaps you need a basic lesson in market economics?

what exactly do you do for a living again ?

I don't. I came from a family with nothing, I worked for years to earn enough to get by on, and I quit.

Archived