Is an EU Citizen entitled to claim benefits?

Added to which their standards are slightly different from ours. Building regs is an unknown word outside UK?

'**** start at Calais'? The rest of the world can't build houses properly?

If the UK has such advanced building regs why is so much of the housing so poor in quality?

'**** start at Calais'? The rest of the world can't build houses properly?

If the UK has such advanced building regs why is so much of the housing so poor in quality?*

What a peculiar remark to make? What do you mean by that? I know that our building regs are extremely stringent, because I used to be involved running a building company. And I've been told by building workers from outside the UK that they don't have to follow such heavily defined procedures at home.

If you don't think this is true, you can state your reasons, if you actually know anything about it and aren't just arguing for the sake of it.

*must ... must .... resist ..... :D

And I've been told by building workers from outside the UK that they don't have to follow such heavily defined safety procedures at home.

We have just been to Corfu and in the bathroom there was an electric socket next to the sink.

You could dry your wet hair holding an hair dryer with wet hands while hoping you didn’t drop it in the sink. :o

HI and thanks to all of you who gave kind and helpful answers, it was what I thought, but was just wanting clarity. To those who inferred he was coming over to scrounge, you could not be more wrong, already my partner has some work for him and most importantly, he never knew about these benefits, until I said, and who said he was coming over with nothing?

I am willing to give anyone who is having it tough at home a chance, and no I cant afford it, but good will and friendship cost nothing. Thank you everyone

HI and thanks to all of you who gave kind and helpful answers, it was what I thought, but was just wanting clarity. To those who inferred he was coming over to scrounge, you could not be more wrong, already my partner has some work for him and most importantly, he never knew about these benefits, until I said, and who said he was coming over with nothing?

I am willing to give anyone who is having it tough at home a chance, and no I cant afford it, but good will and friendship cost nothing. Thank you everyone

Good luck. I wasn't being funny about the benefit thing. Just wanted you to be aware that it would be a lengthy process. Get all the documentation you can. I am pretty sure he would have go through Hab Res test though. :).

We have just been to Corfu and in the bathroom there was an electric socket next to the sink.

You could dry your wet hair holding an hair dryer with wet hands while hoping you didn’t drop it in the sink. :o

You mean outlet surely, not socket? Outlets are standard in bathrooms next to sinks in Canada and the US with a fault detector built in which will automatically cut the circuit if water comes into contact with it.

Also I hope that anyone would have the basic common sense to make sure the wash bowl/sink is empty of water while using any electrical appliance plugged into a nearby outlet

You mean outlet surely, not socket? Outlets are standard in bathrooms next to sinks in Canada and the US with a fault detector built in which will automatically cut the circuit if water comes into contact with it.

Also I hope that anyone would have the basic common sense to make sure the wash bowl/sink is empty of water while using any electrical appliance plugged into a nearby outlet

Electrical outlet, plug socket, it's the same thing.

Archived