Oil Pulling - Peoples experiences if any

Hi,

I have had gum problems over the past 3 months which have gradually got worse and my gums have receded quite a lot on my bottom set of teeth. I look after my teeth and follow a really good oral health routine but still i have these problems. I have waited 2 months to see my dentist i finally see him Tuesday :

I have done a bit of research on the net regarding the improvement of receding gums and i keep falling upon oil pulling. I have tried it tonight for the first time and altho the sesame oil tasted rank my mouth feels clean and fresher than normal. I was wondering if anyone had tried it on here and if so what there thoughts and experiences were??

Iv never been a believer in holistic/alternative therapies but have decided to give this a whirl as i am so scared of loosing my teeth :( and want to strengthen my gums.

I would welcome your views.

Thanks

I've no idea what 'oil pulling' is - but if you're using dental floss, that can only help.

If you think you have a serious problem, see a periodontist. 'Root planing' isn't a lot of fun, but if you need it, it might help you to keep your gnashers for a few more years.

I use something called MMS which kills all the gum disease and pulls your teeth back in. Unfortunately it's now illegal to buy in the UK but not to own I have a 20 year supply I can sort some out for you if you like.

It's been known to cure a lot of things (kills every nasty on your body). Ill PM you not going into it on here.

• 1 year later...

I had never heard of this until it popped up on google while I was searching for a cure for sinus problems last night.

A bit of oil swished around the mouth we it couldnt hurt could it?

all I can say is I was in agony and wasnt due any painkillers for another one and half hours so I gave it a go ( didnt last the reccommended 20 mins only managed around 10) but I didnt take anymore painkillers/decongestants last night

I didnt need any I woke up in the night nasal passages flooding and today NO HEADACHE or PRESSURE at all????

I suppose the 3 days of taking painkillers/decongestants worked or the oil pulling worked but something did

x

• 4 months later...
Hi,

I have had gum problems over the past 3 months which have gradually got worse and my gums have receded quite a lot on my bottom set of teeth. I look after my teeth and follow a really good oral health routine but still i have these problems. I have waited 2 months to see my dentist i finally see him Tuesday :

I have done a bit of research on the net regarding the improvement of receding gums and i keep falling upon oil pulling. I have tried it tonight for the first time and altho the sesame oil tasted rank my mouth feels clean and fresher than normal. I was wondering if anyone had tried it on here and if so what there thoughts and experiences were??

Iv never been a believer in holistic/alternative therapies but have decided to give this a whirl as i am so scared of loosing my teeth :( and want to strengthen my gums.

I would welcome your views.

Thanks

Hi, its been a while since this OP but id be interested to know how things went.

I have similar problems with my gums and remembered seeing this thread.

Ive done a bit of research and though Im open minded but skeptical of its detoxing and otherhealing abilities, I thought it worth a try to see if it helps with my gums.

Ive been doing it for a couple of days now so too early to say if its going to cure my receding gums but have found it worthwhile just for the cleaning effect on the mouth, no bad taste and furry tongue. I smoke and drink loads of tea so am hoping it will reduce the staining also

Archived