Moan Moan - Why?

I have a theory about this. Its not a great theory or well tested or anything but its a theory none the less.

Because we have it so easy people are now reduced to moaning and whining over the least little thing. The smallest problem or perceived slight or the thought that someone may be getting something they aren't then they make mountains out of molehills. Because we're lucky enough to live in a prosperous country with the finest technology, some of the best healthcare and plentiful food people need to make drama and tragedy out of little things because they have everything else they can possibly need. On top of this they have been taught from a young age they are "special" and "unique" and deserving of everything in the world and they should have no problems or trauma in life, they should have everything they want when they want it and when it doesn't happen they make the most enormous fuss.

People now have their smallest comfort resolved so they then look at other people and want what they have. Even if what the other person has isn't as good as what they've got. Look at the absurd outbursts about people on benefits and immigrants.

What people need to do is learn to take pleasure in the small stuff again. You aren't special or unique, you aren't going to be a star or a legend. The best you can hope for is that nothing really bad happens to you and you die an easy, painless death. this really is about as good as it gets. Deal with it

^^^^ What he said.

I have a theory about this. Its not a great theory or well tested or anything but its a theory none the less.

Because we have it so easy people are now reduced to moaning and whining over the least little thing. The smallest problem or perceived slight or the thought that someone may be getting something they aren't then they make mountains out of molehills. Because we're lucky enough to live in a prosperous country with the finest technology, some of the best healthcare and plentiful food people need to make drama and tragedy out of little things because they have everything else they can possibly need. On top of this they have been taught from a young age they are "special" and "unique" and deserving of everything in the world and they should have no problems or trauma in life, they should have everything they want when they want it and when it doesn't happen they make the most enormous fuss.

People now have their smallest comfort resolved so they then look at other people and want what they have. Even if what the other person has isn't as good as what they've got. Look at the absurd outbursts about people on benefits and immigrants.

What people need to do is learn to take pleasure in the small stuff again. You aren't special or unique, you aren't going to be a star or a legend. The best you can hope for is that nothing really bad happens to you and you die an easy, painless death. this really is about as good as it gets. Deal with it

I cannot disagree with you. Many people do have it far too easy and expect to attain their aspirations with no ,or little effort.

Even the feel good thread about the Chilean Miners has now descended into squabbling.:(

I was going to reply to this thread by saying how lovely the miners thread (mostly) was, I haven't got that far yet today so I'm disappointed to hear that's gone downhill too. I was a bit fed up that even at the culminating moment of success a couple of people had to try and bitch and moan. One person even felt the need to slag off the fact that Matt Frei could speak Spanish. Why? :confused:

My bold

I have to disagree with that statement - everybody is special and unique - but that doesn't mean they are entitled to everything they want from life, especially when they expect it with little or no effort on their part!!

Everything else you've said is spot on, though.

I sometimes think I'm really sad, because I get pleasure from crunching my way through acorns when I'm out for a walk with the dog - or smile because I see a robin - or feel my heart lifting when I see autumn trees against a bright blue sky.

But I bet I get a lot more pleasure from life than some of the moaning minnies.

(Please note: technology is exempt from the non-moaning rule!!!) :hihi:

Archived