Has anyone ever had a heel spur ?

My friend was diagnosed with something called a heel spur(or policemans heel) about four months ago.She says it just feels like a thorn in her heel,and she has had a lot of trouble walking this summer. Her doctor has booked her in to see a Podiarist(foot doctor) under the health service,to have her feet measured for some heel cradles.Has anyone ever had a heel spur ?

An ex-boyfriend of mine had operations on both his heels to remove the spurs when he was 18 (I believe another name is something to do with Achilles' Heel")....he was on crutches for a couple of months, and then back to normal. I seem to remember it was something to do with abnormal bone growth in the Achilles' tendon area.

I had one,it is very painful.It lasted for about nine weeks of practice nurse massage,rolling a tennis ball around the soles of the foot, and resting the foot on a bag of frozen peas.

Hope this helps.I also bought a shoe insert to keep the foot straight (about £20).

http://www.sportsinjurybulletin.com/archive/plantar-fasciitis-exercise.html

hi there i hope this doesnt offend but hope itll make you laugh.when i 1st read your post my imagination ran wild! i was thinking hey its calamity jane ridin thru town!! i imagined spurs on the heels of her cowboy boots and her mate wild bill hickok in tow .....having read up what your condition entails i feel for you , it must be very uncomfortable to say the least. i hope this cheered you up a little and made you smile ..:)

• 1 year later...

I think i'm getting one for the second time, not as bad as the one I had a few years ago (not yet), the pain was unbearable, not much treatment for them either, nothing that seems to work anyhow.:(

Archived