Government run euthanasia centres?

This week I tried to highlight several times the absence of any properly functioning mental health service for those at the intense and unfashionable end of the spectrum. All I did was kill each thread stone dead. People think there are basically adequate services out there. People don't realize that in real terms there are close to none. Only people in the emergency services know how truly inadequate the 'mental health services' are and what are the consequences of that.

People don't give a toss. People think it's nothing to do with them, that it doesn't affect their own lives. They're too myopic to see that the decimation of the services that used to exist have simply created more complex and ugly problems for society. The only answer they have is to hate and blame the very people who are most vulnerable, for being vulnerable in the first place. Even most people on the left don't care. Even those workers left in the skeleton of the service that's left don't care anymore.

The problem with making cuts in this sector is that there have already been such savage cuts, there's almost nothing left to cut. I've made jokes in the past about mobile gas vans to solve the problem but most people are even too ignorant of history to understand the reference. (Clue - Godwin alert!!) Or more correctly, they just couldn't give damn.

I had surgery for something very common a couple of years ago. What it did was show to me just how atrocious the 'mental health service' had become in comparison with physical health provision, and how deep the schism in the attitude of the general public (and even many staff) between physical and mental illness. The difference is like 'good AIDS' and 'bad AIDS'.

It's hard enough to deal with serious illness with barely any professional support and no family, but when you add in the deluge of socially sanctioned scapegoating and condemnation I do wonder how anyone expects those at the very bottom to find the confidence and self-belief to even make the effort.

I'm sorry if I've killed another thread. ;)

Not in my book you haven't .. your jokes about mobile gas vans is kind of along the line of my reference to Atos 'Healthcare' being incentivised to do the Government's bidding. Their 'computer says no' work capability assessment is forcing many genuinely disabled people who are in no way fit to work (physically and/or mentally) to seek jobs and ultimately end up on the (Atos led) 'work programme' which equates to doing a 40 hour week for £1.60 an hour. This will have the knock on effect of undermining existing jobs and will inevitably lead to 'slave labour' for many (concentration camps anyone?).

Not in my book you haven't .. your jokes about mobile gas vans is kind of along the line of my reference to Atos 'Healthcare' being incentivised to do the Government's bidding. Their 'computer says no' work capability assessment is forcing many genuinely disabled people who are in no way fit to work (physically and/or mentally) to seek jobs and ultimately end up on the (Atos led) 'work programme' which equates to doing a 40 hour week for £1.60 an hour. This will have the knock on effect of undermining existing jobs and will inevitably lead to 'slave labour' for many (concentration camps anyone?).

How do you calculate the £1.60 an hour?

Weekly rate of JSA divided by 40 hours ..

I'd call that working for £0 or £-ve.

If your disabled you'd be able to claim Incapacity, DLA (mobility and care component). HB and CTB, get a free bus pass, conecessions on going out, cinema card etc.

Disabled people aren't supposed to claim JSA...

If your disabled you'd be able to claim Incapacity, DLA (mobility and care component). HB and CTB, get a free bus pass, conecessions on going out, cinema card etc.

It's possible to be disabled enough to qualify for DLA, and yet still be able to work - and thus not to get Incapacity or ESL.

I don't know if officialdom enforces this, but to take a random example, someone missing a foot can still do a sedentary office job - if his job before his disability was a sedentary office job, he should get DLA but there's no reason he has to give up work, so he shouldn't get ESL.

The Government are in the process of reassessing everybody who currently claims Incapacity Benefit with a view to moving 70% onto JSA. This process has been outsourced to Atos 'Healthcare' who use a simple multiple choice computer programme to assess whether IB claimants are 'fit to work' regardless of the opinion of the relevant medical professional(s) who are involved in that person's care.

Atos are 'incentivised' to get people off sickness benefits and the computer programme has been deliberately designed to ensure that the majority of people 'fail' their assessment and be declared fit to work in which case they will be moved on to JSA.

All DLA claiments are to be reassessed as well using vastly simplified criteria. Full details of this are yet to be announced but it is likely that Atos will be involved.

Maybe if the gov didn't keep upping the age of retirement there would be more jobs for the younger generation.

Now they want to force the sick to work. At what, where? There no jobs that are suitable for these people and if you were an employer would you set them on above an able bodied person?

The gov wants to stop spending money on all this aid abroad, illegal wars and just how much money does it cost us to be in the EU (apart from the local jobs taken etc).

Germany in the 1930's, Maybe all this is building up to the same thing, so "Euthanasia centres" could be the next thing they try.

And guess what.

We will let them, the same way we have let them run this country into the ground. Ever since we let Heath fix the polls in the 70s to join the EU this country has been going down hill.

People from other country's are coming here for a free ride, whilst the Brits are buggering off abroad for jobs and homes. So who get's the rough end of the stick, the sick, poor and the elderly.

Weren't they the first to go into the chambers?

Rant over.

Archived