Paying for air at petrol stations

An accelerometer and known mass. Despite what you think there are people out there who actually do build these things or do you assume your car just pops into existance at some building somewhere with no human input at all?

Of course you did. I am fully aware of the fact that people build these things. I have visited the factory at Halfway where many of them were built. I also know about the Treaty of Rome and the requirements for such things, so perhaps you could try not talking down to people all the time.

So I'll just humour you. If you can tell me the serial number of the dead weight tester and it's traceability back to the NPL I might even take you seriously. I assume that you are aware of BS4613 and BS 1780

Of course you did. I am fully aware of the fact that people build these things. I have visited the factory at Halfway where many of them were built. I also know about the Treaty of Rome and the requirements for such things, so perhaps you could try not talking down to people all the time.

So I'll just humour you. If you can tell me the serial number of the dead weight tester and it's traceability back to the NPL I might even take you seriously. I assume that you are aware of BS4613 and BS 1780

Eeeek! ... I'm now hiding behind my chair! Big fight coming on ... I didn't realise tyre pressure gauges were so controversial ! :gag::D

Why on earth do you think I'd go to that trouble - it's not a product that I sell it's something that is built partly as a curiosity and partly to see how accurate I could make it. With a known mass from a balance and a acceleration it's easy to derive the force measured by a pressure sensor.

Accuracy? With the mass used it's error is going to be within 0.01%, the inherent error in the sensor is about five times that. Drift rate in the electronics is less than 10ppm/year so you can derive it from that I'm sure.

But is all this really worth it for you to try and get one over on someone? go on - off you see if you can dream up some more reasons to object to a free air machine as a loss leader.

Eeeek! ... I'm now hiding behind my chair! Big fight coming on ... I didn't realise tyre pressure gauges were so controversial ! :gag::D

there not - just some person spoling for a fight because she simply doesn't like what someone else said. You get a lot of it on here.

Archived