Paying for air at petrol stations

Charge for air at Shell= $4.8bn bn profits, and you reckon that is the reason :shakes::shakes:

No. I meant that Shell makes billions by squeezing every last penny from customers, bordering on ripping them off.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough for you.:roll:

I expect it as goodwill from somewhere I've spent £50 and also to encourage people not to skimp on maintaining their car's road worthiness for the sake of a quid - and thus ensuring the safety of other drivers and of pedestrians.

Tesco now charge £1 to put water in the windscreen tank. It's supposed to have wash in it...well they either forgot to add it when I filled up or it was rubbish quality.

Yep my thought's exactly.

Tesco charging a quid for water is outrageous.

Wednesday1,

I know where your`re coming from-it does feel like penny pinching (certainly should be free for peeps buying fuel). I know of a Shell garage in Sheff that does free air. You take a left off the roundabout at Shalesmoor sort of going up the duel carriageway towards Brookhill roundabout, the shell garage is about 100 meters from the Shalesmoor roundabout. Sorry i don`t know the name (not from Sheff), someone will know.

Yes I know the garage ta, though I suspect they'll be charging soon too.

I think that garage is called St Phillips.

I've been using the one in hillsborough near the roundabout, that one's still free. Went to use it today and it was out of order though :mad:. The shell at shalesmoor only changed theirs to a charging one about a week ago.

I said above I'd expect the Shalesmoor (St Phillips) garage to follow suit.

My attitude has hardened now. I will try to fill up only at stations where the air is still free. If people did this I'm sure they'd soon have a re-think.

I said above I'd expect the Shalesmoor (St Phillips) garage to follow suit.

My attitude has hardened now. I will try to fill up only at stations where the air is still free. If people did this I'm sure they'd soon have a re-think.

I was a bit peed off today when I pulled into a Jet in hillsborough to use the air machine and discovered it charged; not because I'm particularly tight fisted but because I had no change on me. It was really quite annoying.

Archived