Paying for air at petrol stations

I don't buy 30p pressure gauges.

If you want to be certain of the accuracy of a tyre pressure gauge you have bought, pop into your local tyre bay, and ask them to run it against their certified gauge.

Mondeo Man - I have a Mondeo and for some reason presume you do to!?

I also presume you're a bit of a car enthusiast so was wondering if you help me.

My speedometre has gone haywire since i drove through some wacky bumpy woodland path area so presume the wires disconnected and was wondering if you know how best how to fix it or whom is trustable I could take it it to get the problem fixed?

I go to a tyre place (won't say which one, because I don't want to take advantage and give them too much work, and get too busy!), and a very nice man checks all my tyres, blows them up if necessary, and all completely free! I don't need any new tyres at the moment as my car is fairly new, but when I do need some, they will get my custom. I was so impressed with the service I took them a load of biscuits to have with their morning brew!

You must be an MP to have such an unrealistic idea of how much things cost.

You can get a much better compressor than those provided on garage forecourts for <£100 and the electricity to run them is negligible.

Shell have for a while provided air free, and as such have been high on my list of preferred dealers. Esso charge 50p, I don't go there at all since I discovered that.

It is time I think for an organised "Campain for Free Air".

But you don't use a "hobby" compressor to blow up tyres on a petrol forecourt. They use fancy tyre inflation machines. If you think that they cost £100 you have been living down a Chilean mine for the last 50 years.

I'm sure Esso's share price has taken a nose dive now that you are boycoting them.

I'll do so tomorrow morning, here's the dialogue.

Me, "MORNING MATE"

"O reight stan"

"NUMBER 4"

"£20 pal"

"GOOD WIN FOR YOUR LOT ON SATURDAY"

"your lot left it late din't di"

"BY THE WAY STEVE CAN I SEE YOUR CERTIFICATE OF CALIBRATION FOR YOUR

EQUIPMENT"

":hihi::hihi::hihi:, you've not been on dem Jamaican Woodbines again av yer Stan "

Hope you remembered to ask him Stan!LOL:hihi:

But you don't use a "hobby" compressor to blow up tyres on a petrol forecourt. They use fancy tyre inflation machines.

Do they?

Why?

All that is wanted, and what I used to see a lot, is an air-line. It would be nice if the pressure guage is somewhere near accurate, but you should know you can't rely on them.

I suspect that is the problem: somebody somewhere used an inaccurate gararge air line, then sued.

Archived