Paying for air at petrol stations

Talkin about tyres had a slow puncture went to National tyres (town) They charge £20 per puncture havin a laugh got it done for £5 just of staniforth rd

I've got a nail in mine, will they be able to patch it up or do I have to have the whole tyre replaced?

I've got a nail in mine, will they be able to patch it up or do I have to have the whole tyre replaced?

They should beable to repair it. Take it straightaway if you leave it, it may drop through and your tyre will deflate. Should only cost a few quid!

• 3 months later...

a bit late on this post BUT, don't blame the garages, as the Air and Vacuum service providers do the following...

They offer to install the machines to the Petrol stations effectively for nothing, Petrol stations take this with both hands, but the air / vacuum suppliers charge us paying customers, keep 70% for themselves, and give 30% to the oil company.

Oil company pays nothing for providing this, except air / vacuum / jet wash is provided for customers. Maintenance and cash collection is provided free.

So this concept is wholly embraced by oil companies as a win win situation

Except we motorists have to pay, this concept is an american concept ( AirServ) introduced in the late 1980's since then the demise of the free air concept is almost gone.

Go to Europe i.e. Germany still free.

How do i know this, because we supply some of the Electronic components to these Companies which suppply services to Petrol station oil companies

Archived