Wow! Just had a rated comment in the Daily Mail

Not that this is the newspaper of my choice but am finding it interesting that readers of this paper together with those of the Daily Telegraph are increasing railing against the programme of cuts.

I felt compelled to join in a debate today regarding the changes to DLA which were announced yesterday and have recieved stacks of favourable ratings!

It seems that the only papers that are firmly behind the ConDems draconian cuts are those from Murdoch's stable (Times/Sun/News of the World).

As the Times is already behind a paywall with the others to follow suit, only those with enough money to bother with these can merrily keep their fascist rantings to themselves.

Own goal for the Goverment propaganda machine (keep it up Murdoch!).

Although I never by a hard copy of the DM I actually find their web site one of the best out there particularly the way storys are debated.

And as for the sun,now ect expecting people to pay for their online offerings think Murdoch may have lost the plot there!!

I've only commented once online, that was the D/M. It was an article about a new fashion mag for fat people. I said it was just pandering to pie munc ..... well, I shan't tell you what I said! :hihi:

Suffice to say, I got a death threat amongst the seven or eight very negative replies to my well thought out comment! :gag:

Decided just yo stick to SF now, where hopefully people understand that I have a sense of humour! It's a nasty world out there! :D

The comments on the DM site are hilarious - kind of like slightly (but only slightly) better spelled Sun comments.

And only just very slightly above SF comments! .... Having read this thread, I think I'll just go out there and annoy people .... would be interesting to see how many 'thumbs down' comments I can get! :hihi:

Occasionally I feel compelled to post something on the Daily Mail website in response to something or other. 9 times out of 10 they aren't shown, not because they are offensive or libellous on nature, just that they don't chime with the editorial stance of the newspaper. Ironic when it is the DM of all newspapers whose columnists complain of this country turning into one where differing opinions are not being tolerated or "pc gone mad".

Try commenting on the Guardian's own "Comment is Free" page. You get a better class of reader there!

Archived