What to do with drug addicts?

Drug addicts in the gene pool  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Drug addicts in the gene pool

• Treat and rehabilitate
    • Sterilise and remove
    • Execute to remove
    • I'm confused

I voted 'treat and rehabilitate', by which I mean give them their drugs on the NHS. It would stop all drug related crime in an instant and allow them to lead normal lives. We used to have this policy in the 1960s and it worked very well. They have the policy in Switzerland and it's a great success there too.

Would it be a good idea to follow their fire arms example too?

It isn't eugenics because there is no gene for being a drug addict.

EDIT - I've just been reading my encyclopaedia and since eugenics predates the discovery of genes I guess I'm wrong in my above point. I still don't think it's eugenics though because there is no intended benefit to future generations in terms of characteristics or anything. It's about preventing children being born into potentially harmful situations. It's also done with consent.

I voted for (voluntary) sterilisation because as others have said, stopping drug addicts from bringing children into the world can only be a good thing. If they clean themselves up and sort themselves out -with or without help (I'm also in favour of help and rehabilitation etc) then they can look into adoption if they so desire or have the procedure reversed?

Would it be a good idea to follow their fire arms example too?

No.

It works in Switzerland because they have a long history of gun ownership, but can you imagine the chaos here if the government wanted every household armed?

Secondly, you know as well as i do that addicts rarely have access to a clean supply of drugs, so your point is a little muffled.

Addicts in The Netherlands and Switzerland receive a prescribed dose of heroin and addiction rates, deaths and crime all fell spectacularly. Harris's suggestion is addressing the problem from the wrong end.

Harris's suggestion is addressing the problem from the wrong end.

What do you think in regards of alcoholics being offered sterlisation? Their drug is legal and it can be terribly poisonous to an unborn child. Fetal alcohol syndrome can be a terrible affliction.

What do you think in regards of alcoholics being offered sterlisation? Their drug is legal and it can be terribly poisonous to an unborn child. Fetal alcohol syndrome can be a terrible affliction.

Once again, it would be addressing the problem from the wrong end. The alcohol industry are powerful and effective lobbyists. Did you know they paid for the Sorted adverts featuring Leah Betts, propogating the myth that ecstasy killed her?

Alcohol is legal and taxed. It is several degrees more dangerous than heroin or even cocaine. But it's a money spinner.

Most people I have heard suggesting compulsory sterilisation want it for "chavs". I stand against that idea vehemently.

Mrs Harris is very fat, I think her blood type's ragu.There is a similar argument in favour of sterilising obese adults to protect potential offspring from a parental environment of ugliness and indiscriminate stuffing. I assume the fat lady has set up another charity to deal with this 'evil'. God bless America.

Most people I have heard suggesting compulsory sterilisation want it for "chavs". I stand against that idea vehemently.

Mrs Harris is very fat, I think her blood type's ragu.There is a similar argument in favour of sterilising obese adults to protect potential offspring from a parental environment of ugliness and indiscriminate stuffing. I assume the fat lady has set up another charity to deal with this 'evil'. God bless America.

Just give her some smack ... That'll bring the weight off nicely :D

Archived