Blockade the Banks?

A few years ago fuel depots were blockaded to protest at the rising price of fuel. Is there any reason that the population/ unions can't blockade the banks? particularly HQ's?

Do people think there would be any support or even any point?

Surely you mean Anonymous (the 4chan boards are merely a recruiting area for the group)?
You mean, those plonkers who brought down the UK Intellectual Property Office's site at the weekend?

After all the goodwill the ACS bust got them, talk about an own goal :rolleyes::loopy:

On-topic/@OP: what do you believe blockading banks would achieve? :huh:

It would most likely be the /b/ board people who would do something like that.

Nope (have a read at the messages on their IRC channel).

I've been watching the attacks (and reading the IRC channels) and can deffo say that the 4chan boards are simply being used as a recruiting ground (watch how quickly the Operation Payback threads on 4chan disappear).

You mean, those plonkers who brought down the UK Intellectual Property Office's site at the weekend?

The very same (who have also taken down Gene Simmons' website).

After all the goodwill the ACS bust got them, talk about an own goal :rolleyes::loopy:

They've been quite active with attacks over the last 2 weeks agains a variety of IP targets to the point where anothe companies emails are "public property".

The very same (who have also taken down Gene Simmons' website).

They've been quite active with attacks over the last 2 weeks agains a variety of IP targets to the point where anothe companies emails are "public property".

It was a rethorical comment ;)

Neither Gene Simmons website, nor 4chan/Anonymous provide factual (legal) information about copyright in the UK. The UKIPO website does.

All of the information I posted in the ACS thread (so 'in defense' of people wrongly accused of copyright infringement) can be gotten from the UKIPO website.

After 4chan/Anonymous took the site down, kinda makes you think, doesn't it?

Fuel blockades were about fuel price/tax rises IIRC.
Currently in France (where else?), fuel blockades are about the retirement age/reform. And the shortages have now become grave, bordering on desperate. If you had planned to drive over there this week...I wouldn't (unless you carry enough to come back, in jerricans in the boot...and keep quiet about it).

After 4chan/Anonymous took the site down, kinda makes you think, doesn't it?

I know. A bit like shooting themselves in the foot.

As to the blockading of banks..... How; and for what purpose?

Archived