The Dempsey's Megathread

skyfitsboy

Why do Dempseys create an arteficial queue at main door on Sat nights when its plainly not busy - is this to make it look busy ?

They don't create an "artificial" queue - it's a small doorway and they have to verify membership (plus there's peaks as other pubs close, call last orders or groups of folk all get a cab together to go there).

And Life's more fun if you're just a bit less negative all the time...:hihi:

• 4 weeks later...

1) Whats the deal with Anita - does she just DJ or perform as well?

2) I am not always negative on here "elphaba" - just inquisitive and curious sometimes

3) Has Dempseys got that espresso coffee machine yet ? It would be nice to go in there sometime and not have "alcohol only " options

4) They should heat up their food more - I know of a friend recently who got an almost cold cheess burger in there or least it was by the time they got it

5) I think there should be an older controlling influence on the young male bar staff downstairs there of an early evening who sometimes lark about with each other with inappropriate behaviour - remember straight people go in there also - and stop them JUST having a diet of Kylie and madge on the monitors ALL the time :-O

Why do Dempseys create an arteficial queue at main door on Sat nights when its plainly not busy - is this to make it look busy ?

Oh thats a new one dear, artificial queue, lol. Saturdays is busy anyway, maybe you are getting mixed up with the "smoking area" which is right next to the door.

Posted byCarborundum

3) Has Dempseys got that espresso coffee machine yet ? It would be nice to go in there sometime and not have "alcohol only " options

Have you tried their water, I hear its just faaab. I am almost sure they serve coffee anyway, I have seen people order it :suspect::suspect:

Archived