The Dempsey's Megathread

skyfitsboy

• 2 weeks later...

anyone who says that someone shouldn't be gay in public deserves deleting, how ignorant and homophobic and last century. Apologies if thats not what you were referring to but the post i am referring to was so shocking, i can't beleive its 2009 and people still think this way - tragic

Did anyone go to the Linedancing, then?

BTW, I noticed a rumor by one of the posters on the Mulberry thread that Dempseys will have a major makeover downstairs in January.

Will there be a small lift installed, I wonder, for disabled/goods transport upstairs; it would be a requirement to have full accessibility to the club, with 'equal access to goods and services? Reorganising space for the toilets would be a good idea as well, as there is very little space for loos, but maybe they might get planning permission for a small extension for loos/lift; for example Forum Bar on Division Street built that wacky looking extension across the road beside Devonshire Green, so maybe Dempseys can build out a bit onto Hereford St?:D

I love going to Dempsey's, but the music is really starting to <removed> me off. They play some songs 5 or 6 times a night, I know it might be popular, but for the love of god. That Bad Romance by Lady Gaga and Fight for this Love by Cheryl Cole was both played two or 3 times in the same hour.

The toilets in Dempsey's are getting worse too. There is 6 or 7 people in queing when the downstairs bar closes, then they are hardly cleaned throughout that time and I have often gone in and people are smoking in the toilets.

I am hoping and praying that Affinity does open this weekend, because the prices of everything in Dempsey's are a joke. £3.20 for WKD/VK, not that I drink either, but rip off!! And I'm not that fond of the staff actually.

Archived