The Dempsey's Megathread

skyfitsboy

I know, soon I will have to take my shoes off, lol

You going to Climax on Saturday ? (look at my signature)

Thanks, Pete, I really enjoyed myself, as I was one of the DJ's in the 7 By 7 vinyl open Decks in the interval before the main club!!!

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to all.

Going abroad for 2 weeks, back early January!

Well I popped in here last night, and everytime I go in, something new happens downstairs.

Although these popped up on Friday, I was too drunk to notice them, and the lovely bar staff made a point that I was absolutely drunk on Friday, lol :o

Anyway they have put up small tv screens round the top of the walls, one where the menu used to be, and one at the end of the bar, so wherever you sit, you can see one, must be about 8 of them, very nice.

Anyway a couple of dates :

December 28th - Cabaret night

New Years Eve - £7 to get in

SMALL TV Screens? I was dumfounded when I popped in there the other week to leave some copies of BOYZ Magazine I'd brought back from London. The new flatscreen TV's (Yes, all 8 of them) are HUGE compared to the old TV's they had before! That's a sure sign of progress, especially since every Gay Bar in Nottingham, Leicester and Manchester has had such wall-to-wall flatscreens for two years!!!

Sorry that I'll miss the cabaret, but I'll be in Ireland until at least January 3rd; I'm doing a cabaret at Cork's main Gay New Year's Eve Party!

SMALL TV Screens? I was dumfounded when I popped in there the other week to leave some copies of BOYZ Magazine I'd brought back from London. The new flatscreen TV's (Yes, all 8 of them) are HUGE compared to the old TV's they had before!

Oh I am glad someone else has seen them, lol......... I am off there shortly for a night of "Cabaret" "men" and "booze", :thumbsup:

I wonder what they have done up this time when I walk in ....... changed those horrid stools, its a job trying to balance yourself on one of those when your sober, let alone when ya drunk. :)

But I shall be sober tonite ............................ liar

I've not been to Dempsey's in years but decided to try it last Fri. No offence but the feel of the place was like 'gay meets ASBO' country. If this is how it is for gay clubbing/pubbing, then I think I'll leave for another good few years. As I say, no offence to anyone who goes and enjoys it and it's just my opinion.

(BTW, to me, Fuel just seems up it's own a***).

I've not been to Dempsey's in years but decided to try it last Fri. No offence but the feel of the place was like 'gay meets ASBO' country. If this is how it is for gay clubbing/pubbing, then I think I'll leave for another good few years. As I say, no offence to anyone who goes and enjoys it and it's just my opinion.

(BTW, to me, Fuel just seems up it's own a***).

Was you walking round with your eyes shut dear :o :o :o

• 3 weeks later...

Shame there's been nothing posted on this thread since the 31st of December!

A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL FROM TIA-ANNA, and I might occasionally come down to Dempseys again, but the pressure of my preparations for future bookings precludes this for present (Unless Colin would like to book me for a weekend sometime).

Anyway, I missed the Christmas cabaret, as I was away in Ireland for Xmas and New Year; I played a packed house at Cork's FREAKSCENE club on NYE, and it was FANTASTIC! -Performed to over 1000 people, something that you would only get over here at Climax!:hihi:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived