The Dempsey's Megathread

skyfitsboy

I think its rather sad that people can be so fickle, do people not realise if they dont support Dempseys then yes it will close, well some may say good, however have they actually thought about this?

If Dempseys closes people will inevitably get bored with Fuel, perhaps some foresight would be appropriate! Why not support Dempseys and go for a drink before Fuel, in that way we as customers keep both business's on their toes and we get a better gay scene as a whole rather than a limited options of where to go.

Yes Dempseys leaves a lot to be desired, however I have had some excellent nights there and I personally would like to have choice and options rather than be ghettoised into one venue.

Come on support Dempseys

i have pondered giving a reply to this thread for a while now.

gary and simon who own xes have had a great oppertunity over the last few years to develop what could have been a great clubbut instead have not really done much to make xes the venue it could have been

dempseys to me has always been a kids club it has never in my view reached the potential that it could have,

in my mind both these supposed clubs have not given much thought to what the average gay person wants when they go out for the night.

when Fuel came to sheffield you could hear the gay comunity sigh with relief at the possibility of going to a real venue,

i have tried Fuel on several different nights and up to now i must say i have not come away dissapointed, it is with out a doubt the best gay club that sheffield has had for many years,

and long may it continue, im sure if dempseys and xes do close that the owners of Fuel would look at expanding with a pre club bar and lets hope they also look into developing a second club at what i believe was called europa.

you are doing a great job you guys at Fuel keep it up

Andy

There is another Gay Night in Hull.

The nightclub is called 'Pozition'(we hire) and we run a night called 'Vitesse' their each Friday. The night 'Vitesse' is owned by a transvestite(my brother) and a gay guy(me) and has been running 6 months this Friday. The Gay Scene has become more and more receptive to our night over time and even against very stiff competition we have continued to build progressively. Most of all we have fun and that is what the gay scene should be about!

I hope that helps :-)

David

x

www . vitesse-hull .com

and long may it continue, im sure if dempseys and xes do close that the owners of Fuel would look at expanding with a pre club bar and lets hope they also look into developing a second club at what i believe was called europa.

you are doing a great job you guys at Fuel keep it up

Andy [/b]

As far as I'm aware, Europa is already underway to being another club (straight), theres a thread somewhere I'm sure.

• 2 months later...
As far as I'm aware, Europa is already underway to being another club (straight), theres a thread somewhere I'm sure.

Yes there is, this is the thread: sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72718

I am actually working there so a few less nights in fuel for me as working til 6am every friday / saturday :-(

Just as well we have a bar (ie Dempseys) that opens early enough for me to go in for a quick drink before I start work . . .

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Whatever you may say about Dempseys, i have to say it is pretty cool. As far as i am concerned it is the best all-round gay club in sheff. For all u people who call it Dumpseys for gods sake, grow up! Where did u go in sheffield b4 fuel? Everyone used to pack into dempseys and now everyone is slagging it off just because a new club has come along. Dont get me wrong, fuel is fab and i wish them well but guys... show a little respect for the club that u ALL used to go to b4. B4 Fuel, D's was the number 1 club in sheffield and everyone went there, and now that it has had a make-over upstairs, it just got better! if u all took the time to go there once in a while u wud see that. Gay isnt all fabulously camp queens, its evrey kind of person u can think of. im not trying to get at anyone but you know, show some respect for the club that served u b4 fuel eh? xx

I actually agree. I've heard that they have redone the upstairs and apparently it's a really good night. I agree with what you were saying about people slating it now another place has opened, it was once the only place to go and gave gay people a place to meet up. I have to say though i am one of those people that haven't been since Fuel opened will i will definetly return soon to check it out.

Btw are they open til 6 now as they applied for planning permission a while back?

Archived