The Dempsey's Megathread

skyfitsboy

Hello everyone. I've just signed up to the Sheffield forum today after stumbling accross it accidently. I've just spent the past 2 hours reading pages and pages of comments about the Sheffield Gay scene! I too have to agree with what a few of you say. Sheffield, the 4th biggest city in the UK and the in all honesty, the gay scene is a little on the small side looking at some of our sister Cities like Manchester and Leeds. I do think though that gradually it is improving and people all over are putting in a genuine effort to improve things for everybody. I've spent hours and hours trawling around the likes of Fuel, Dempsey's, Lions Lair, Xes, Climax etc etc. We've got more choice now than we've had in a long long time and I feel that it's only fair that everybody should support each venue. Everybody has their favourite but you can have too much of a good thing in my opinion. If you've got the odd pink pound to spare, why not spread it around each venue. Your going to meet a wider scope of people and bring the Gay community within Sheffield together!

Just one last quick thing! I went to Dempsey's on Sunday night, it was the best night out I have had in many a month! The new ruling on the door certainly seems to be working very well. The atmosphere was fab and I look forward to my next visit with it's new found 'GAY' atmosphere. Really good to see it doing well again!

Hello everyone. I've just signed up to the Sheffield forum today after stumbling accross it accidently. I've just spent the past 2 hours reading pages and pages of comments about the Sheffield Gay scene! I too have to agree with what a few of you say. Sheffield, the 4th biggest city in the UK and the in all honesty, the gay scene is a little on the small side looking at some of our sister Cities like Manchester and Leeds. I do think though that gradually it is improving and people all over are putting in a genuine effort to improve things for everybody. I've spent hours and hours trawling around the likes of Fuel, Dempsey's, Lions Lair, Xes, Climax etc etc. We've got more choice now than we've had in a long long time and I feel that it's only fair that everybody should support each venue. Everybody has their favourite but you can have too much of a good thing in my opinion. If you've got the odd pink pound to spare, why not spread it around each venue. Your going to meet a wider scope of people and bring the Gay community within Sheffield together!

Just one last quick thing! I went to Dempsey's on Sunday night, it was the best night out I have had in many a month! The new ruling on the door certainly seems to be working very well. The atmosphere was fab and I look forward to my next visit with it's new

I agree. Well Said. :clap:

Just one last quick thing! I went to Dempsey's on Sunday night, it was the best night out I have had in many a month! The new ruling on the door certainly seems to be working very well. The atmosphere was fab and I look forward to my next visit with it's new found 'GAY' atmosphere. Really good to see it doing well again!

WELCOME to Sheffield Forum, Stig, from Sheffield's No. 1 Drag Queen!

Decided to share of funy little story with you. I went for a drink on Friday night up Woodseats, whilst in the Woodseats Hotel in noticed some straight lads (they told me they were straight a few weeks back in Dempseys) my mate was convinced they were gay, and he's straight, I'm still not sure about them !!! All aged about 18.

Anyway, I was getting a burger from Panda Pizza when some of the "straight" lads mates came into the shop for some chips, one of them answered his mobile with the greeting "hi mate, where are you, where, Dempseys, what you doing in there you bent B....d" he then hung up and after chatting to the others for a few minutes they were ordering a taxi to take them to Dempseys !! As a gay man I find this whole "Metrosexual man" thing a bit strange. Why would you use the phrase "Bent B....d" and then go drinking in a gay bar ?????

Have you noticed this as well, :)

You mean this, from the Queer sheffield website?:

FUEL

Now open MONDAY, see the CLUBS section for more details, and check out LIONS LAIR in the PUBS section for more updated information

A belated Welcome, Bensonandhedges, to the world which is Sheffield Forum!

Archived